X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

congrats

this is better than 98% of what I've seen at boutiques out there, some heavy hitters included.

keep at it.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Thanks Matt!

David, hehe it's Step 1 this summer. It's arguably the most important exam since it's what essentially determines what residency you will get and where. Step 2 at the end of your 4th year gets you the degree, but step 1 gets you where you gotta be going.

**pressure********
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

and how, one must wonder, do you have time for your girlfriend
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
          and how, one must wonder, do you have time for your girlfriend

I manage I'm studying at her workplace now since she's working late tonight hehehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• grapz
            • Sep 2008

You are writing your CaRMS?

I'm in first year med. Nice to see someone else in the same field

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by grapz View Post
              You are writing your CaRMS?

I'm in first year med. Nice to see someone else in the same field
              I'm in the US so there's no CaRMS :)

I'm a second year, so it'll be Step 1 coming up in June... already starting some review courses for it

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                The clothes:

love the bookmatched grains (to borrow the luthier term). back up to the top with this collection for people to admire.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Merz, what pieces do you have already?
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Ok Albert,
                    im back in NYC................ and compared to being in Jamaica i really find NYC rather depressing at the moment, (I never knew i would ever live to say that)..I still love New York though, its just like a woman you love whom you are not having a great time with, but you still love her anyway..

but regarding your collection, i took the time to really look at and process the pieces, the smaller ones such as the wallets etc, are nice but i am really more interested in the knits and bigger items. my favorites are the two bags and the knit tops, as i believe those are the strongest items items in the collection. i would love to get my hands on one of the bags...........a pipe dream right now as the Z-fella is teethering over cliff-bankrupt.
                    anyways i must say that it is not often that i see a first collection my someone with limited sewing experience that looks so well made, it speaks of your commitment to quality and thats what i respect most about you my friend --your desire for excelence in everything you do. I would love to see you develop the shape of the reverse Jacket some more, the design of it looks great but i would haveloved it more if it were shaped more to the body.
                    I must commend thr SCOUTE team for the exposure they have given you, its great to see fellow SZers working in support of each other.

I did not see any pants though, curious to know why, if ever you need my help let me know. are you looking to sell it to any retailers? i wold love to see that happen but i fear you becoming distracted as i need to celebrate DR. Huang a few years from now......
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BlackSilver
                      • Nov 2008

everything looks so good! I love the anatomical concept but to follow up on that, i think the jacket should have a better fit. I'm very curious to see what you come up with next. If you are handing out prices, i would like them too.

thanks
                      Looking for a wrap cardigan! odyn vovk or KK, pm me if you have one for sale in 46-48

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks Zamb! I was eagerly awaiting your thoughts :)

We'll be talking soon when things calm down around here (oh school... ;) and get things sorted out. You've been beyond helpful through all this and I'd like to show my appreciation my friend.

It's not super evident in the photos but the anatomic long sleeve shirts as well as the lining of the elephant leather jacket have selvedge hems. All the pattern pieces for the bottom edge of the elephant leather jacket were matched to the selvedge part of the fabric bolt ;)

Blacksilver, thank you :) I'm working on perfecting the cut of the jacket(s). This was my first (a bit of "running before learning how to walk" I suppose hehehe) and I assure you that the next coat that I'm working on will have a slimmer/sharper fit. IRL, the elephant leather jacket is contoured pretty well, it was worn open in the back shot and that darn leather isn't broken in enough to stay close to the body when viewed from the back ;)

Z, there were no pants for this initial showing because of a time constraint. I'm definitely working on some (at least two pairs) but it's been slow going since school has to be priority #1 and you know how patternwork is... slow. In March I will have a week off so I hope to complete one or two brand new pieces to add to the line then!

I'm absolutely on edge with what you're going to create and bring about in your line!!!

David, thanks for boosting this up as well :) You're the man!!

Comment

• docintheory
                          • May 2008

Got my first order (two rings and a scarf) this weekend from Collateral. I am BEYOND impressed by Doc Albert's craftsmanship and artistry. I'll post some pics and a short review later tonight.

Comment

• Time & Space
                            • Jan 2008

First installation--- http://www.forbidden-places.net

Hey Albert

Maybe you should do your first show in a place like this?

I think it pretty cool, and you could collaborate with this guy and his images..

This site is very cool too...

Goto photo #5.. With the medical chair profile shot...
                            "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

you should take it to the next level. take the lookbook shots when you're performing surgery. pull out each piece out of their chest.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Time & Space View Post
                                Hey Albert

Maybe you should do your first show in a place like this?

I think it pretty cool, and you could collaborate with this guy and his images..

This site is very cool too...

Goto photo #5.. With the medical chair profile shot...
                                I don't know dude, urban exploration is cool and all, but I don't think this guy is a very good photographer. for a better example of contemporary ruin photography check out shinichiro kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎