Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clay
    • Sep 2006

Albert I have to agree with Zamb, you are a true inspiration! No training but taught yourself!!! I was making a funnel neck coat very similar to this in cotton, and I failed terribly! Well not completely but I had to start over. Armhole had problems and i never finished. This was from actually December. I did it mostly by flat patterning. I knew draping was the way to go but did not have a form to fit my body or size. I just fixed by sloper and I'm going to have another try at it.
    What you have done is truly amazing!!! I love your knits also, DOPE!!!!!

Comment

• rogelro
      • Mar 2008

anyone bought the elephant leather jacket or the black calf? they need to post some more pics!

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Thanks Clay! Means a lot my friend :)

Rogelro, no one has ordered a leather as of yet. I will be constructing one for a store soon so people will be able to see/handle it in person in the near future.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

The first shipment of Collateral was sent out to Sartorialoft on monday so for those in the LA area you now have the opportunity to see it all firsthand. I have to say that I'm most proud of the military wool blanket coats as I have perfected the construction of them :)

They are Sartorialoft exclusive coats so you will see them nowhere else!

More sizes and pieces to arrive at SL in the near future as well!

Sometimes it makes me a bit sad to send the best of my work out... what I keep in my own closet often times is the first or second versions which are a bit rough. After constructing the two military blanket coats that are at SL now, I know I need to make another perfect version for myself :)

An as-of-yet unseen belt was also shipped to SL. I will wait until David himself puts preview photos up on Sartorialoft.com before I post on here for design protection.

Thanks guys :) and sorry i've been awol lately. This month is brutal with studies :(

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

albert i mean it, its a great moment for you and for SZ, just think who your going to be hanging next to when you send your stuff out, that will make you smile

really well done :)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

That's so awesome, Albert! Congrats.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DamageX
                • Dec 2008

Congratulations on all your recent success Albert! I love your work, any plans for a release on the East Coast?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks so much guys. It means the world to me!

I really am lucky to have had such a good reception of this undertaking and to be given the opportunity by David to have a place to hang my pieces. I certainly do not take it for granted for a single moment!

DamageX, not sure what you mean in terms of a release but as for a store carrying it on the east coast the answer at the moment is no. Since I am doing everything myself I'm stretched to the max in terms of production. The process is slow and I want to ensure everything comes out perfect :)

For the time being, you'll have to travel to LA to see everything stateside. If everything goes well, I'll bring the collection to NY for a couple of days for a trunk show of sorts sometime next month though so people can see everything in person without crossing the continent hehehe

Comment

• jamesd
                    • Sep 2008

Congrats Albert! it is truly amazing how you are able to do all of this (and at such a high level) during medical school!

Comment

• Spencer
                      • Feb 2007

Albert = awesome. I can sit here and kiss your ass for days, but I'm about to go to bed and I've just wasted like hours and hours surfing for dumb crap. So this is an ass kissage raincheck! But please keep us updated if you do hit NYC. I will try my best to make it up for that and show my support!

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

So funny, I discovered Collateral some time ago and liked it a lot. Then found SZ a couple of days ago and there is the designer himself, chatting. Best community ever haha

Albert, you are doing an amazing job, keep it up!

Comment

• rogelro
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

For the time being, you'll have to travel to LA to see everything stateside. If everything goes well, I'll bring the collection to NY for a couple of days for a trunk show of sorts sometime next month though so people can see everything in person without crossing the continent hehehe
                          if you do make sure to bring the elephant jacket!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                            So funny, I discovered Collateral some time ago and liked it a lot. Then found SZ a couple of days ago and there is the designer himself, chatting. Best community ever haha

Albert, you are doing an amazing job, keep it up!

The power of the internet :)

I'm just a regular guy kicking it on here with everyone else. Welcome to the forum!

For the trip to NY i'll be sure to bring one of everything constructed so far. I've recently purchased a lot of the new fabrics for the new designs (I guess collection). Got some really interesting special batiks for linings.

Spence and others, thanks again. You guys rock!! I'll keep everyone posted on June travels. Unfortunately this exam is fast consuming my life and I gotta focus on it so I may get scarce on here in the coming few weeks

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ I'm so there :-)
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                /\ I'm so there :-)
                                meet up at ñ again? :)

what a lovely find on your part E!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎