X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Squeek View Post
    This is the best work I've seen you do. I have instantly fallen in love.
    Eager to see pics of the white leather, though slightly disappointed to hear that they are strapless.

I look forward to an opportunity in which I will get to handle some Collateral.
    Thanks again guys! Again, these are just the beginning :)

unfortunately they'll most likely be strapless. After burning through some test skins, I was delivered only ONE nearly-perfect skin in white. Apparently it's one of the harder colors to do really well.

DjI, I need to call back my 'roo guy. Depending on the size of the skins he can get me, I may or may not be able to do them strapped or not. We'll have to see how big these roos are. Roo skin is really surprisingly expensive (really really expensive). But I'm going by quotes from other guys, I have to talk to this guy and find out the details. Will keep you posted.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

really cool albert, do you have an image of how the strap functions?
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

perfectly P.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
          perfectly P.
          BEAUTIFUL!!
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Pinoy
            • Dec 2006

Was able to handle this piece during a recent visit to Sartorialoft– truly incredible stuff.

Comment

• uparmoured
              • Sep 2007

Albert, you make grandma's gloves look downright lazy. Inspirational...
              FS: M.A+
              FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

congratulations, A. you are taking things to a new level.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                  indeed.this time I'm more impressed by the piece than with the fact that you are doing all this by yourself as a side project. Brilliant A, just brilliant. I wouldn't mine to own a pair :)
                  Thanks again guys!

I'm working on the pattern of a shirt for the upcoming collection that should hopefully also blow minds

Since the photos, I've been inundated with pm's about the gloves!

These are just a sneak preview of the upcoming collection and are not yet available for purchase. They will be presented along with the rest of the collection in approximately 2 months as I complete the other pieces.

Stores will be receiving one of each piece as part of a full display of the collection and orders can be made at that time.

For these gloves, they will be made in 3 sizes (essentially S,M,L) with your average hand fitting the M.

As the design/construction process continues, I'll post photos of this process... sort of a picture form of my approach and thinking.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support! Making a tired man smile
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• delirium
                    • Sep 2008

nice gloves
                    good work. can't wait to see the shirt.

i didn't get the funds to buy the doctors bag, but these gloves may be my first collateral purchase

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

fingerless gloves look more amazing every time I see them, can't wait to own my own pair A.

Comment

• Spencer
                        • Feb 2007

Holy shit. I don't even wear gloves and I want these.

Comment

• hamham3002
                          • Sep 2008

wow those gloves are so amazing..
                          very very original piece and maybe the best looking n most functional gloves i've seen..

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

^I agree with you that they're amazing and original, but you're pushing it at functional. They are fingerless gloves after all. It's a piece you indulge yourself in, not wear for function.
                            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Avyer
                              • Dec 2007

I would think he meant functional in the sense that you can move your hand in them... While not much for a truely cold enviroment, I think they'll suit the weather where I live, and allow me use of my phone without taking the glove off, so that's functionality to me.
                              Remember, be here now.

Comment

• hamham3002
                                • Sep 2008

Thanks avyer, that was exactly what i meant with 'functional'

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎