Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • midnight
    • Mar 2009

Wow. I'm in shock at that coat. Great job. The rings are fucking fantastic. May have to order one in the near future

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

This is too awesome Albert!!!!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Albert how the hell do you do it? Busted up from a collision, in med school and making a capsule collection. Amazing. Btw can you make me a clinic jacket? LOL
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Thanks guys and Zamb, as always I look forward to your e-mails and guidance!

Ah, the construction was therapeutic. Kinda allowed me to zone out and not be so bummed about all the ridiculousness that happened in the last week.

Haha, a lab coat eh Who? I dunno. I've considered doing one for myself but end up just buying the ones off the rack. They're simple and functional and I don't know how I would tweak it without garnering strange looks from physicians and patients alike

I'll post a worn photo this evening. I had set the goal for myself to load all the photos of the coat and process last night. Realized after i posted that i didn't iron the thing yet haha.

The coat is 100% wool with 100% black deerskin details. Hardware is heavily oxidized silver.

As for pricing and availability, people will have to wait until probably mid-june ;)
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Worn photos:

The closure has 4 settings, so you can cinch it tighter at the waist if you'd like. The slits are invisible from the outside and reinforced from the inside with leather as seen in the earlier shots.

The sleeves have seams that first build a slight elbow angle and then curve inwards to form the forearm. It's subtle but one of my favorite aspects of the coat :) The left inner leather sleeve is constructed the exact same way for a matching fit.

Now it pretty much goes in the closet since it's been hitting 80 degrees daily here now hahahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• howinpark
              • Jan 2009

dayum! it looks good with you.
              I really love that elbow part how its curved in with an angle
              you are gifted

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

albert...i must say...that jacket is the shiiiizzzzz! love the detailing,fastening et al! good going man!....as a designer myself and developing my own look i understand ur influences,but can definatley see ur line growing and having its own identity........have thought about stockists..even small runs..i used 2 work as a buyer for VERTICE in london......the other buyer their keven loves all the brands we do on here,and was interested when i showed him the pics of the collection

drop him a line and see how it goes

his name is KEVEN McDERMOT

and the addy is BUYINGOFFICE@VERTICELONDON.COM

keep doing what u do mayn!
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

really like the coat, its similar to something I've been wanting to do (sort of a long version of the jersey jacket I made) but I havent been able to find the right material for it.

keep up the good work
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                    albert...i must say...that jacket is the shiiiizzzzz! love the detailing,fastening et al! good going man!....as a designer myself and developing my own look i understand ur influences,but can definatley see ur line growing and having its own identity........have thought about stockists..even small runs..i used 2 work as a buyer for VERTICE in london......the other buyer their keven loves all the brands we do on here,and was interested when i showed him the pics of the collection

drop him a line and see how it goes

his name is KEVEN McDERMOT

and the addy is BUYINGOFFICE@VERTICELONDON.COM

keep doing what u do mayn!

Thanks Shye!

I'll drop him a line very soon :)

I've been swamped with life in general lately and the end of the school year brings massive amounts of tests not to mention my board exams for medical degree qualification. I've been working on Collateral in the evenings and you'll have the ability to see the pieces in person in a physical location in the coming months.

you should post up your work that you've created as well. SZ isn't just a forum about established designers but about creativity in general. I for one would love to see what you've made!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      really like the coat, its similar to something I've been wanting to do (sort of a long version of the jersey jacket I made) but I havent been able to find the right material for it.

keep up the good work

Thanks Arto :)

Finding fabric that matches what one wants to make is probably one of the hardest things... then, maintaining a source of that same fabric as well becomes difficult! It's been hell sourcing out leathers that have the qualities that I want while making sure there is no batch to batch variation or minimal changes.

I hope you find the right material as I'd like to see your take on a coat design. Plus... I haven't seen you wear your waxed button up that you made yet!

Comment

• Mewtu
                        • Dec 2008

thanks for the process pictures! very interesting
                        Originally Posted by ProfMonitoff: "Then my friend's cat crapped on it and the dry cleaner couldn't fix it "

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

fuck albert nice simlar to somthing i did recently as my final piece for last term

instead of making my own hardwear like you i took mine off an ma piece i had eeeek

really appreciate the hardwear process

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                            fuck albert nice simlar to somthing i did recently as my final piece for last term

instead of making my own hardwear like you i took mine off an ma piece i had eeeek

really appreciate the hardwear process
                            WHAAAAAATTTTT hahahahaha

Post up photos man! I want to see this piece!

Spent several hours doing the silver hardware for two messenger bags this evening. 6 silver components... tons of sawing, filing, heating, soldering etc. Fun!

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

yeh albert need to get some tips from you

put a taster for you up until i get my lazy stundent assed around to finnishing it
                              Last edited by snafu; 03-27-2009, 12:24 AM. Reason: moved

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Just wanted to post up saying that if anyone would like to order any pieces that they should do so in the next couple of weeks. Starting in May, I will be pretty AWOL until early June studying my brains out for my Boards.

During April, I'll be working hard building inventory and can fill individual orders then as well but after that, it may be a while before I can make anything to order unfortunately :(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎