• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

^ wtf are you doing up?
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

lulz...much to do today, so I have to get an early start. By the way, I'm going to try and give you a call a little later today, if I remember to do so at a reasonable hour (your time). :)
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Gotta throw this untouched detail pic of the iron oxide fired ring as I think it captures the detail better than previous postings of it. Damn Albert! This is a piece of loveliness.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Was playing around with a new Collateral piece, so I thought I'd throw up a pic. Very nice work A!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i hope that's called the "palmreader" glove.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Thanks D and glad they arrived safe!

P, I haven't actually come up with a name for them... but why not :)
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chim
                • Dec 2006

damn that glove is sick

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                  Was playing around with a new Collateral piece, so I thought I'd throw up a pic. Very nice work A!
                  I would love to see another view of this glove!
                  Also, is the belt portion in the picture attached to the rest of the glove?
                  if yes, how so?

Gloves is something that I have always been curious about, but except for customizing existing ones in styling womens collections, I have never actually made one from scratch......

Excellent work Albert!
                  and really good to see you getting great support from the SZ affiliated boutiques....
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• btbam
                    • Nov 2008

Albert has blown me away from what i have seen of these gloves. Cannot wait to handle them.
                    Never End, Australia.
                    http://www.neverend.com.au
                    General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
                    Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
                    Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

they are simply amazing, just waiting for the opportunity to cop now haha.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks Z and btbam, I hope they'll please you in person! Should arrive by the end of this week if the postal service doesn't fail us!

Here are some more shots of them as the proverbial cat is out of the bag. The first piece of the upcoming collection:

I developed these gloves as a continuing evolution/refinement of my Second Skin approach to design. Being familiar yet new, these gloves have seams that follow the natural creases of the palm and the gloves naturally have a structure that mimics the way the hand sits when it is relaxed. The back of the glove is smooth and seam free.

Gloves are 100% deerskin that is locally tanned and dyed. Each glove is constructed out of a single unbroken piece of precision cut and sewn leather. This includes the strap. The ends are finished with a hand wrought silver hook.

After construction, the gloves are water washed and set to dry in the Texas sun for two days on a rough hand form. This gives them a little bit of a "break in" and the final wearer will complete this process through use.

The gloves are unlined as the backside is beautifully and evenly sueded.

There will also be a strapless version done in pure white deerskin that will be limited to 6 pairs (2 of each size) as good pure white deerskin from the group I get the black deerskin from is hard to get right. They will definitely be lovely pieces to behold.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• btbam
                          • Nov 2008

i am hanging out for them - and cannot wait to see how the other pieces we spoke about come together. seriously amazing albert
                          Never End, Australia.
                          http://www.neverend.com.au
                          General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
                          Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
                          Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

they are really wonderful.
                            I had an image in my mind of what they would have looked liked, but this is even better than I thought!
                            you are doing some really excellent work my friend, and its good to see your improvement.
                            While this is not a clothing item per se, it is to me one of your most innovative and well excecuted pieces. I have read before where your work has been compared to, "drawn inspiration from" others, but if there ever was an original piece this would have to be regarded as such!
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Squeek
                              • Jun 2009

This is the best work I've seen you do. I have instantly fallen in love.
                              Eager to see pics of the white leather, though slightly disappointed to hear that they are strapless.

I look forward to an opportunity in which I will get to handle some Collateral.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

very interested to see the white version now and how they function without a strap. managed to rustle up some kangaroos for us yet A?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎