Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spencer
    • Feb 2007

Received my first 2 pieces today. The ring posted on the previous page as well as the messenger bag. I think the pics of the ring speak for themselves, but the bag really needs to be seen in person to be truly appreciated. I feel that I can throw anything at this sucker and not worry in the slightest. Meaning, it is VERY well made. From the sweet adjustable shoulder strap right down the the closing system, this is money that I'm very glad I spent.

And I won't spoil the packaging, but it's a very nice touch and fits with the brand perfectly!

If you are on the fence, don't be. Just hop on over and take a chance. You won't be disappointed!

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Thanks Spence!! You're the best man :)

Over the weekend I completed a couple more rings for some SZers along with a short sleeve anatomic shirt:

All items are packaged this way :)

Did some preliminary pinning of the blanket coat and received the black deerskin to be used for parts of it as well, I'll be doing muslin fitting week after next (exam week haha) and hopefully completing the first one by the end of the next couple of weeks.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Somewhat unrelated, but I saw the bag with the braid you did for Who? in real life. Holy fucking shit! My hat off to you, sir.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
          • Aug 2007

I need to stop being lazy and post up some pics of it, I've had it since early November, use it every day, stuff it full of books, binders and instruments and the bag has only gotten more beautiful with the abuse. Bags that cost 3 times as much aren't as well made or thought out as this. The perfect example of this is the strap/braid, it's not just a visual feast but completely functional. It can be used as a belt to keep the bag against the body when it's overstuffed. It also acts as the closer system. Brilliant.
          Last edited by Who?; 02-25-2009, 04:53 PM.
          WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Raw Edge
            • Jan 2008

pics plz!!!! the legion of collateral fans await

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Who has carried my bag with such pride... it really brings a huge smile to my face! (ps- J, check your pm my friend)

Making me blush guys!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

sorry to bump with just something quick, but several people have asked so I thought I'd put it up here:

Turnaround time for most orders is two weeks. Accessories, shirts along with the bags can all be constructed in this time frame. The outerwear (elephant leather jacket) requires at least two muslin fittings with the first fitting going out approximately two weeks from start date.

Shipping cost internationally is inclusive in all prices on the price list as well :)

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

Pictures finally. The bag arrived in a beautiful matte finish, somewhat less glossy than the front, with constant use the leather has polished on the back side creating the effect pictured. It's beautiful... I just can't say it enough.

Last edited by Who?; 02-28-2009, 08:30 AM.
                  WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

that thing is so awesome. The helix strap is off the chain

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                      Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Snaf, check your pm :) and thank you for the constructive criticism. I'm posting everything because I'm looking for that as well. I've been looking and making these pieces for so many months that a set of fresh eyes on everything is much appreciated.

When developing the thermic arterial shirt I did sort of realize that it was in a similar mindset to the Sartoria/Fattoamano muscle group leather shirt (also done as a sweatshirt). I went ahead with my piece since it was not muscle based and utilized a slightly different method and concept. It's quite hard to develop something that cannot be traced to anything or in some way reminiscent of, especially since these designers have been so influential to me.

... I just hope that I'm not becoming an Augusta if you know what I mean :)

Daniel, check your pm as well :)

loving the elephant skin jkt...and ur over concept is great,but there are a few little things that are annoying me(ever so slightly)

i have been reading ur blog and all that jazz....but i think that u need 2 push ur own aesthetic further,as i can see huge influence from some of ur fave designers...M.A+ and carol......
                      the wallet is like ur interpretation of M.A+....BUT WAY 2 SIMILAR,also the red for ur logo/label

these things r way 2 similar,but overall a great idea love the leathers and cant wait 2 see the next project and see how it grows! good luck
                      and hopefully in the next few months i shall get my range up
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                        loving the elephant skin jkt...and ur over concept is great,but there are a few little things that are annoying me(ever so slightly)

i have been reading ur blog and all that jazz....but i think that u need 2 push ur own aesthetic further,as i can see huge influence from some of ur fave designers...M.A+ and carol......
                        the wallet is like ur interpretation of M.A+....BUT WAY 2 SIMILAR,also the red for ur logo/label

these things r way 2 similar,but overall a great idea love the leathers and cant wait 2 see the next project and see how it grows! good luck
                        and hopefully in the next few months i shall get my range up

Thanks for the kind words shye!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm still beginning when it comes to design. Each piece I sketch out and develop improves on the concepts and thoughts that I previously had. Both the construction and thought process increases in depth as I make new pieces.

As for similarities, I would conceded to a level of it (as none of us operate in a bubble) but at the same time, I don't think there are pieces that are "too similar." I'd have to argue that my wallet is quite different than any that Amadei has put out. The only similarities would be a nontraditional folding/bill storage method, but the construction and usage is unlike his. Also a red thread on black label can't be paralleled to MA just because he uses a red thread cross. That's reaching a little.

I like raw edges, anatomic cuts, wider necklines and a really pared down aesthetic. Granted a number of SZ approved designers have this (and this is also why I wear them) and to that extent I am influenced by them... but I put a lot of work into making these pieces my own versus something that could be considered derivative of line/designer XYZ.

As time goes on, the "look" of Collateral will step into its own more and more I hope. At the same time, aesthetically, it will always be in line with the (now stereotyped SZ look) because thats what I like.

Thank you for the critique. It's good to hear from others and how they view what I've done. I always take it into account when I work

Comment

• Time & Space
                          • Jan 2008

This is your first season of pieces. Mozart did not write his own original works until he was 21 some 12-15 years after he started, until that time he spent most of it-- recomposing other masters with some of his own influence. I think it is no wonder you are taking inspiration from other designers to find your own style and focus. It is only natural. Hell aside from everyone's input on here, including mine-- you are going to find your niche and aesthetic without any problem as you have already begun to accomplish...

Rock on Collateral...

Though, I have not purchased anything as of yet. I am close to finding the right item. I am really looking forward to your Vietnam blanket jacket????
                          "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Time & Space View Post
                            This is your first season of pieces. Mozart did not write his own original works until he was 21 some 12-15 years after he started, until that time he spent most of it-- recomposing other masters with some of his own influence. I think it is no wonder you are taking inspiration from other designers to find your own style and focus. It is only natural. Hell aside from everyone's input on here, including mine-- you are going to find your niche and aesthetic without any problem as you have already begun to accomplish...

Rock on Collateral...

Though, I have not purchased anything as of yet. I am close to finding the right item. I am really looking forward to your Vietnam blanket jacket????
                            Thanks T&S!

Everything in time :) It's an evolution of sorts that both consciously and unconsciously will (hopefully!) develop into its own. No man is an island and we draw ideas and inspirations from everywhere

Next week I'll be able to work on the blanket coat hardcore so I should have photos of it up soon thereafter!

Comment

• dan.de
                              • Jan 2009

I'm totally stunned by this impressive work. Totally diggin the helix bag; leather looks so good.

May I ask what's the deal with the blood in your lookbook?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks Dan :)

It was a sort of tongue in cheek overt reference to the medical aspect of everything... bandages and wrappings reworked for different applications and materials etc. etc. Blood makes it more direct and less subtle for the viewer.

The front page of my site makes it less abstract.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎