X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

hahaha, very cool!

That place looks amazing. Maybe I'll have to road trip it there next time I'm in New England... take a couple of chairs or something from the site :)
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
      you should go there with pnidz in tow.
      Hehehe

On the design front, I've begun the patternwork on the Vietnam War military issue blanket coat... should be done around mid-early March

... just in time for the weather to warm up hahahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Time & Space
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        Hehehe

On the design front, I've begun the patternwork on the Vietnam War military issue blanket coat... should be done around mid-early March

Wow, that sounds very cool..

BTW, how heavy are your rings?

Luc
        "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

They vary in gauge.

The helix ring is 8 gauge, the heavy incision ring is 2 gauge (the heaviest) and the other rings are a more traditional 4 gauge.

The shaping of the rings vary as well depending on the design and the treatment applied to them. The helix ring has a "flattened oval" profile while the heavy incision ring is a facet-polished one while others are half-round.

Hope that helps!

Comment

• Raw Edge
            • Jan 2008

Wow.
            Chinorlz is a master-
            I don't even know where to start because I want to cop all of this stuff.
            Like everyone else here will also- I can attest to his meticulous attention to detail and remarkable creative vision for this project. It's both impressive and a bit awe inspiring at what he's been able to accomplish as one man just working to create great stuff.
            Especially when we see the half assed-crap fed to the public by so many big (and small) design houses that care more about hype than quality, the Collateral project is a giant accomplishment.
            I honestly hoped someone would take the promise of the ideas of Continues to new levels and directions, and it turns out the person who'd do it was our man right here!

Hehehe

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

awww haha thanks Raw Edge! I deeply appreciate the vote of confidence.

I hope to continue to develop and push the line further and further while refining and evolving pieces. It's really great to know that everyone here has been nothing but supportive

When docintheory gets a chance to post up the pieces I made for him, it'll be a few new shots of some of the rings I've made for you all to see :)

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by merz
                you should go there with pnidz in tow.
                yeah i stayed there. pretty standard really, pretty standard.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Completed a number of pieces for some good folks over the last few weeks. I take photos of the process to show the ongoing construction. Last week I made a heavy incision ring for a fellow SZer and here are some in-process photos:

tentatively, this summer (mid-late June) I will be working on setting up a trunk show in LA and NYC. I'll keep everyone posted!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Albert, you truly are The Lord of the Rings.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

looking good, although i have absolutely no knowledge of jewelery making...........the trunk show idea sounds very good, i need a few pieces from the line put i will send you a pm...just working out the financial logistics before i do, there is more that you need to know on my end but i will pm you about that too,

Seriously though, how many hours are in your day 48? are is it because you are closer to the equator the time moves slower?
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        looking good, although i have absolutely no knowledge of jewelery making...........the trunk show idea sounds very good, i need a few pieces from the line put i will send you a pm...just working out the financial logistics before i do, there is more that you need to know on my end but i will pm you about that too,

Seriously though, how many hours are in your day 48? are is it because you are closer to the equator the time moves slower?

hahaha

The trunk show came as a suggestion from SZers and I completely agree in the sense that one gains so much more from seeing pieces (this goes for any line/designer) than from photos. A million photos could not replace 10 seconds of handling something in person. NYC of course would be obvious as it would allow me to see everyone and LA for the same :)

Looking forward to the pm Z :)

Sigh, I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day. I tend to multitask pretty heavily. Let's just say that while I make pieces I'm listening to audio review lectures in preparation for the big exam this summer. I also listen to it when working out... when driving... etc. etc.

I drafted out the military blanket coat this evening and will start the muslin form of it. Inspiration taken from Civil War era surgeons, Dr. Warren (from my Harvard/Mass. General Hospital days), and the classic doctor/lab coat. Photos of the completed piece upcoming... at some point Clean exterior belies interior leather details/supports and handmade silver hardware.

Comment

• eaglewood
                          • Feb 2007

Chinoriz

Your idea about the blanket coat sounds interesting. It would be good if you could post your progress with that project. I have always wanted a very simple lab coat and this sounds quite promising.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

When complete, I'll show the full process Eaglewood. I fear that if I posted as i went along... the posts may be spaced apart by days if not a week at a time depending on my schedule hahaha

Hope it meets your expectations!

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

When complete, I'll show the full process Eaglewood. I fear that if I posted as i went along... i might give away all my secrets hahaha

Hope it meets your expectations!
                              fixed your blatant lie.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

aaahahaha I promise I'll post the process!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎