X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

I went to Saks last Friday and they were already on pre-sale. I didn't find much that I loved (although a Kris Van Assche jacket looked more interesting because it looked like old Cloak) but you get 40% off when the Sale event takes place, and if you open a Saks account on that day, you get an additional 10% off the remaining 60% of the retail price (amounts to something like 47% off, the SA told me). Might be interesting for people on the prowl for Dior, KVA, Junya, some Burberry and some Jil Sander.

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

Faust... I agree with you... with 40% sale is like paying full price 2-3 years ago.. so it is not so exciting... and I am not biting ... what do you other guys think???

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"]I can't wait until the Barneys sale and Fred Segal here....I needs me some cheap-er lanvin.[/quote]

Did you make it to the sale this year Cas? They had a grip of Lanvin trousers though the selection of tops was on the weak side.

So when is A having their sale? Does anyone have a start date?

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]I went to Saks last Friday and they were already on pre-sale. I didn't find much that I loved (although a Kris Van Assche jacket looked more interesting because it looked like old Cloak) but you get 40% off when the Sale event takes place, and if you open a Saks account on that day, you get an additional 10% off the remaining 60% of the retail price (amounts to something like 47% off, the SA told me). Might be interesting for people on the prowl for Dior, KVA, Junya, some Burberry and some Jil Sander.
          [/quote]

Bakla, did they have my Junya coat by any chance?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• burgerbot
            • Jun 2007

[quote user="bakla"] Might be interesting for people on the prowl for Dior, KVA, Junya, some Burberry and some Jil Sander.
            [/quote]

did they have any knits from jil, by any chance? how much would they be after the discount, anyway? i never really found out how much they're retailing for...i'm assuming ~$600, meaning ~$350 after sales?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="burgerbot"][quote user="bakla"] Might be interesting for people on the prowl for Dior, KVA, Junya, some Burberry and some Jil Sander.
              [/quote]

did they have any knits from jil, by any chance? how much would they be after the discount, anyway? i never really found out how much they're retailing for...i'm assuming ~$600, meaning ~$350 after sales?

[/quote]

A bit optimistic on your part :-). I think the silver tab heavy cardigan that everyone liked was about $675, and the discount is 40% + 4.375% tax.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

$673 is a good price even. At Barneys, the piece was $730 I believe. A great, great piece though...maybe I'll go check out the sale. :)
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

Hope you don't plan on pickin up the 50 homeboy hahaa.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

You don't have to worry, I'm a 52. :)
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

I hear barneys co-op stuff will go on sale after thanksgiving and designer first week of december.

I picked up this sweater and a button up from bloomingdales sale last week, 40 off everything plus my aunt's triple 20% discount.

[/quote]

You are fired for not telling me about the presale. My Junya Watanabe coat was on it!!!! And now it's not [:'(] So, can your auntie hook me up? [<:o)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

Hahaa shit my bad Faust! I was just walking through the mall on my lunch break to get some food and I entered through bloomies where I saw the stuff on sale. I found out later that employees had a special discount weekend (one of those crazy mardown weekends)when I spoke to auntie who came down to get them for me (she works at the fashion island store). The stuff went full price after sunday :(

Comment

• H-R
                          • May 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="burgerbot"][quote user="bakla"] Might be interesting for people on the prowl for Dior, KVA, Junya, some Burberry and some Jil Sander.
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

A bit optimistic on your part :-). I think the silver tab heavy cardigan that everyone liked was about $675, and the discount is 40% + 4.375% tax.

[/quote]

the silver tab cardigan that saks has is different from barney's. the one they have only has the silver tab on the neck area of the cardigan, whereas the one at barney's has it running through the middle. the 52 is also already sold out, 50 is the biggest size they have left.

Comment

• justine
                            • Jan 2007

I can't remember when A and IF go on sale in NYC. Does anybody remember?

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

IF won't be for ages....

Whatever happened to the MMM sample sale? Isn't there usually one in the fall? [72]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• gusgusterson
                                • Mar 2007

MMM is either this week or next. I will ask and post.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎