X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

The mail I got from Barneys announced a pre-sale on "selected" merchandise, meaning not that much. I won't comment on the fact that a non-us resident would get one of those, the shame is already unbearable[79]
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• nycd
      • Oct 2006

Just got an email from The Archive in San Francisco

'Private' sale starts 11/19

email says 30% off.

Comment

• mindrice
        • Jun 2007

strange, i've had no problems putting items on hold. i have things on hold for presale in sf, ny and boston. and this since last week :/

so it doesn't seem to be a location thing.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Question: For everyone who has pre-saled something, when are they asking for you to pick it up?
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Davie
            • Nov 2007

I was at Barneys in Beverly today and there were quite a fews that were marked down. However, when I went to pick up a pair of CD boots, they were gonna charge me retail, until I told them that those were supposed to be on sale. They said they're not supposed to mark them down till Mon. But in the end, they did it for me anyway.

So I'm sure there's a way around holding if you know what stuff are gonna be on sale.

Comment

• gusgusterson
              • Mar 2007

Hello,
              Does anyone know if Paul Smith men's shoes are included in the Barneys Madison Ave sale? Also, is the sale still running?

Comment

• mindrice
                • Jun 2007

the presale is official now, the actual sale starts on the 28th.

cas, they just need your payment info to charge you when the official mark down takes place. so you can pick up your items as soon as they are marked down (28th), sooner for some.

Comment

• mindrice
                  • Jun 2007

small update, i guess the sf store is not doing presales. the way around it is to call a different barneys and have them buy it for you and then adjust the price come the 28th.

I hope this helps

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="mindrice"]

the presale is official now, the actual sale starts on the 28th.

cas, they just need your payment info to charge you when the official mark down takes place. so you can pick up your items as soon as they are marked down (28th), sooner for some.

[/quote]

Thanks man! I actually stopped by today on my way back from my work's warehouse (been sick all day too...lovely). Anway, it was just as you said above; I picked out a bunch fo things and just put them on presale which will be charged once the actual sale starts.

P.S. Highlight of my day; Was browsing around and who do I see but, Jessica Stam. Definitely one of my favorite models and she is just as beautiful in person....and kinda tall. :)

Comment

• deus_irae
                      • Nov 2007

did any of you happen to see any junya stuff on sale? particularly the riders jackets?

Comment

• deus_irae
                        • Nov 2007

[quote user="mindrice"]

small update, i guess the sf store is not doing presales. the way around it is to call a different barneys and have them buy it for you and then adjust the price come the 28th.

I hope this helps

[/quote]

so basically, you buy the item at another barneys through the barneys at sf? sales can be so confusing.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                          • Dec 2006

don't know if this has been posted but looks like almost all the stuff at Yoox is on sale right now.

Comment

• katie
                            • Nov 2007

Hi, I'm new here but I love the posts! Well, my computer skills are somewhat limited, so I hope I can navigate this site well; my shopping skills, however, are unparalleled. I just wanted to chime in on the sales debate.

In my experience, it really is hard to know when the sales will start, because if you ask different people you'll get different answers. They claim not to know when it starts, and most of them really don't - but they have a pretty good idea. They get really annoyed and frustrated with the madhouse of sales, so they prefer if you just buy the damn thing full price (more commission) and quit bugging them. One nice woman there told me she thinks the sale will start around the 28th. Since presale starts three days earlier, this means the sale really starts the 25th, if you're willing to wait a little to get your grubby hands on the goods (and if she's right). So I'm planning to go on the 25th, unless I'm in the neighborhood earlier, in which case I'll drop in and bug some more staff.

Indubitably the best way is to befriend someone who works there - I mean really make friends with them, so that they actually like talking to you. I've gotten promises from lots of people with fake smiles plastered on their faces who say they'll call me when they know, who don't. Like I said, sales are really stressful for them, they know all the stuff's going to go anyway, so the same person who's happy to call you when a new shipment of Marni arrives is going to forget about you come sale time.

I went to the "private" sale (don't you feel special) and picked up one of those amazing Prada coats with the crinkly shiny green fabric in the middle, at 40% off! Also a great Miu Miu top. Saved around 2 grand! Of course, that tells you how much I spent...

From what I've seen this year and last, usually the brands on sale on this sale day are: Prada, Gaultier, Miu Miu, Narcisco, Pucci, Dolce, Barney's brand, MJ, G. Armani, Piazza, Burberry Prosorum, Doo Ri and Proenza. Some smaller labels, too, but no other biggies I'm pretty sure. This is all in women's, in men's I only made it to the bottom floor and picked up a Zegna shirt and sweater - not 40 but 30% off. I assume all the brands I just listed are 40% off in men's too, I guess. Hope this helps for next year!

Happy shopping!

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Breakdown;

Pre sale has started but this is dependant upon if the SA is nice or not.

Official sale starts the 28th of November.

As far as I know, most of the 'designer' clothing is going on sale on the 28th with the exception of maybe Thom Browne and Lanvin.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks Katie, and welcome.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎