• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

[quote user="Johnny"]I cannot believe how early the US sales are! Sales in the UK will not starttill mid-Dec at the earliest, with most department stores not starting till 26 Dec. Is this always the case in the US, or is it a recent thing? I'd love a trip to Barney's just now......and Margiela. Need a pair of nice black trousers.[/quote]

Do you want me to get one at MMM, Johnny? Yes, sales in the US always start earlier, and we are also the first to get the new arrivals. I think it's driven by those who need the latest and greatest - which is pretty stupid (why would you buy a wool coat in July, for example?).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Did you get your coat put aside, Faust?

I don't suppose you checked out the women's...I thought the pre-sale didn't officially start until thursday. [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Hmm, thanks for the offer Faust. What about those ones with the diagonal belt loops (on aloharag, but in navy)? If you see themon your travels let me know. 46 or 48 would do nicely!!

Did you pick anything up yourself - what about the JW coat at co-op?

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

thanks for the heads up faust. i was told by an SA that it wouldn't start until after thanksgiving.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

You probably need a 46, Johnny. I will take a look.

Laika, Johnny - no, I did not get the coat. To be honest, I cannot bring myself to spend that kind of money on the coat yet. Too many other expenses lately, so I am still on the fence (and I decided to no longer regret material things I end up not getting), and I am considering buying other things instead (my iMAC died, and I am not sure it's fixable, and the receiver in my audio system is severely outdated, so considering a new one).

I saw the jacket version of it yesterday, btw - and it was also cool, but I definitely don't need another jacket (a cool coat on the other hand is missing from my wardrobe).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

I full admire and support your restraint, faustie. [Y]
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]I full admire and support your restraint, faustie. [Y]
                [/quote]

Faust - so do I. Cancel that trouser order!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

lol, thanks guys. I like it, too. I feel like I have been split in half, and there is an outside me looking with the amusement at the other me wondering about the coat. It's kind of cool.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Just saw this on someone's blog. I really don't know much about it but it sounds like it could be kinda cool...
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

^I think I remember this from last year...it mostly takes place on Ebay, I think? I always feel a bit weird about "shopping" for a good cause....[72]

Comment

• gusgusterson
                        • Mar 2007

I think this takes place at the uptown armory. There's a private black tie event, but I don't know when/how/if the public event works.

Edit: Of course I should have googled this: info link

Looks like tickets are $20 to the public, Nov 16-18 at the 26th St/Lex Armory (which is huge and still functions as an army facility, Marc Jacobs last show was there, no?)

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]^I think I remember this from last year...it mostly takes place on Ebay, I think? I always feel a bit weird about "shopping" for a good cause....[72]
                          [/quote]

Seriously. Or running, or walking, or whatever the hell people do. Have you ever read the New Yorker (I think) article on breast cancer and all this walking around it? It was an astounding piece.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Faust....you know I don't read the New Yorker....[^o)]...and I still think you should switch to Harper's. [66]

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

The sale has really started already at Barney's!? I thought it usually started just after Thanksgiving. I went up there today and there was no sign of a sale, though it didn't help there was NOBODY on the designer floor to ask (even after wandering around for 15 minutes). It's OK though, like Faust et all I'm practicing restraint, and I didn't see a single thing that screamed "buy me" while looking around.
                              music

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

casem, it's just the pre-sale...you see something you like, you ask them to hold it for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎