• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

there was a pair of black jeans just like mine, but they looked like they were a big size (52?) and were $180 full price. Maybe it's worth going on Friday when the prices drop?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"]there was a pair of black jeans just like mine, but they looked like they were a big size (52?) and were $180 full price. Maybe it's worth going on Friday when the prices drop?
      [/quote]

if its a european 52 (american 34) then it would fit me,

but there is no way in hell im buying a pair of basic black jeans for $180, when i can make one for myself..............

was there any shirts halfway decent, or as good as the one i got at IF?

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

Johnny's right, I know. But wouldn't it be nice, every now and then, if there was some other momentum to human activity than to make the most money in the shortest time.

[edit] I've turned out to be a real killjoy, haven't I? I blame it on the weather. When the sun is shining I'm as much of a consumerist as the best of you!

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]thanks for the heads up and saving me a trip! do you know how the women's selection is? i might want to get my gf some things.
          [/quote]

There were some nice things, but nothing really fabulous....lots of MM6. I tried on a really cute greyish-green dress that I bet she would like. There were also some good shoes and boots, but all in sizes 39 or 40. From what I overheard, it sounds like the staff picked over the selection pretty thoroughly beforehand. [:(]

If you really want to get her some Margiela, I would recommend barney's over the sample sale...there is some seriously gorgeous stuff this season. [64]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Liberation1945
            • Jun 2007

my friend and i put a couple of items on hold and all we had to do
            was ask...actually, in the men's designer sectionthe guy offered to do
            it and in the women's designer section a sales associate informed us of
            the presale...

they just check a list to see if the item is
            eligible for the presale and you give em your info. we were told to
            pick up the items on the 28th.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Johnny's right, I know. But wouldn't it be nice, every now and then, if there was some other momentum to human activity than to make the most money in the shortest time.

[edit] I've turned out to be a real killjoy, haven't I? I blame it on the weather. When the sun is shining I'm as much of a consumerist as the best of you!

[/quote]

We tried that where I'm from. Maybe it was the wrong place and the wrong time.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                • Sep 2006

Faust, I think you just earned my first ever smiley.

[73]

Comment

• Hewmiri
                  • Feb 2007

[quote user="laika"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]thanks for the heads up and saving me a trip! do you know how the women's selection is? i might want to get my gf some things.
                  [/quote]

There were some nice things, but nothing really fabulous....lots of MM6. I tried on a really cute greyish-green dress that I bet she would like. There were also some good shoes and boots, but all in sizes 39 or 40. From what I overheard, it sounds like the staff picked over the selection pretty thoroughly beforehand. [:(]

If you really want to get her some Margiela, I would recommend barney's over the sample sale...there is some seriously gorgeous stuff this season. [64]

[/quote]

sorry if someone's mentioned this before but when/where is the sample sale?

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

^495 Broadway btwn Broome and Spring, 10-3 today.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Faust, I think you just earned my first ever smiley.

[73]

[/quote]

we aim to please [75]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

So....the private sale at barney's is extremely limited (no Yohji, Comme, or Belgian designers are included.) So I guess the presale hasn't started yet? [76] I heard an SA tell a woman with a bunch of comme stuff that he couldn't hold it for her, because he doesn't know when the sale will begin....I'm so confused. [76]

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]So....the private sale at barney's is extremely limited (no Yohji, Comme, or Belgian designers are included.) So I guess the presale hasn't started yet? [76] I heard an SA tell a woman with a bunch of comme stuff that he couldn't hold it for her, because he doesn't know when the sale will begin....I'm so confused. [76]
                          [/quote]

I'm confused about how frequently you visit Barneys! [66]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[74]

Usually once a month, but I went twice this week.[:$] I'm kind of annoyed now though...I shouldn't have said all those nice things about it....

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

i thought they were already pre-selling stuff?

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

So long as they have Jil on sale I will be happy! :)
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎