• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07 SALES

[quote user="laika"]Faust....you know I don't read the New Yorker....[^o)]...and I still think you should switch to Harper's. [66]
    [/quote]

Yea, but this one was an exception. I was thinking The Atlantic. Just looked at an issue today, seems pretty comprehensive.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

A friend of mine is going to NYC with his wife next monday... does barneys have any more Rick leather jackets in stock this season? I recall Faust saying how abysmal their buy was this season...
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]A friend of mine is going to NYC with his wife next monday... does barneys have any more Rick leather jackets in stock this season? I recall Faust saying how abysmal their buy was this season...[/quote]

Not really. One biker jacket and one M-65ish coat - that's it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
          • Feb 2007

I know most of you don't care, but this Thursday (11/15),everything on Polo.com will be 50% off (enter NOV15 at checkout).

Purple Label at 50% off is a lot of quality for the money, design questions aside.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]A friend of mine is going to NYC with his wife next monday... does barneys have any more Rick leather jackets in stock this season? I recall Faust saying how abysmal their buy was this season...[/quote]

Not really. One biker jacket and one M-65ish coat - that's it.

[/quote]

Ah what a shame...

I made sure to emphasize that he should go to Atelier, it just would have been nice to have him be able to choose a Rick leather jacket at a good discount since A doesn't seem to put them on sale anymore.

Of course a visit to IF for his wife too :)

Thanks Faust!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

You are welcome, Albert. You should also have them go to the Yohji store, since it's across from IF.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

anyone know when yohji goes on sale? there's a very sick cardigan there that i'm hoping goes down a lot.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

I don't think Yohji ever goes below 40% and sometimes it doesn't go on sale at all....
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]I don't think Yohji ever goes below 40% and sometimes it doesn't go on sale at all....
                    [/quote]

In the past it would go 40 and then 60, but in the past few seasons that hasn't been the case.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]You are welcome, Albert. You should also have them go to the Yohji store, since it's across from IF.
                      [/quote]

Ah yes, thanks again! I'll be sure to let them know.

Comment

• cd1
                        • Oct 2007

could anyone tell me what barney's selection of jil sander knits is like atm?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="cd1"]could anyone tell me what barney's selection of jil sander knits is like atm?
                          [/quote]

they still have the heavy knit turtleneck which starts as navy at the top, and gradually becomes silver - it's absolutely gorgeous. Saks has a ton of lighter knits, but they are not that special.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Faust- Do you remember how much that knit was? I'm hoping to pick up a Jil Sander suit this weekend as well. :D
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• cd1
                              • Oct 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="cd1"]could anyone tell me what barney's selection of jil sander knits is like atm?
                              [/quote]

they still have the heavy knit turtleneck which starts as navy at the top, and gradually becomes silver - it's absolutely gorgeous. Saks has a ton of lighter knits, but they are not that special.

[/quote]

thank you, ive been considering that one. I too would like to know how much it is going for, if you recall

also, is that is the only heavy knit piece barney's has? by any
                              chance, do they have the heavy turtleneck knit with the thin anthracite lines, two across
                              and one down the center?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

you should give the madison store a call. they can give you a more detailed answer, unless faust has a great memory ;)
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎