Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cabl3
    • Dec 2008

Forget sales, ballas buy at full price...only.
    "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
    - Wilde

Comment

• dolochov
      • Aug 2009

how do you store your clothes?

I always store my stuff on hangers but today I discovered small nipples in the shoulder area of those sweaters that I didn't wear in summer. Do you fold your sweaters and pants and put them in the shelf or how else can I prevent it?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
        how do you store your clothes?

I always store my stuff on hangers but today I discovered small nipples in the shoulder area of those sweaters that I didn't wear in summer. Do you fold your sweaters and pants and put them in the shelf or how else can I prevent it?
        I NEVER hang sweaters. What crazy talk! Just fold them on a shelf and they should return back to normal after a day or two. I store mine in hermetically sealed plastic bags so the moths won't get to them. Protect your belongings.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

thats pretty next level storage!

I have most piled, but some I have on hangers, particularly ones that are either hard to fold or would easily get crumbled. heavier knits can show the hanger marks, you can try to avoid this with wider hangers.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• .steve
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
            since were on the topic of gloves, are the Julius gloves from this season very think/fragile? I remember someone having a tear on them, I have pretty large hands so I don't want to risk ripping them...
            Received an email from Hide-san awhile back saying that he had heard from Julius about the gloves. Julius said that the first batch was problematic, not sure if they changed anything about the gloves afterwards though.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

the gloves I handled in tokyo seemed fine, although soft lambskin with a hard wash processing and perforations isn't exactly the most durable combination.

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                thats pretty next level storage!

I have most piled, but some I have on hangers, particularly ones that are either hard to fold or would easily get crumbled. heavier knits can show the hanger marks, you can try to avoid this with wider hangers.
                You can also get these hangers that can be bended and shaped to how you want it and it has like a foam cushion padding. Those are good for some items.

Comment

• sammywaslow
                  • Apr 2008

Not sure this is the right Forum but ...

ok, so I've found the items I want on a website BUT...

1) they won't deliver to Australia (no problem, I have a friend living in U.S. who will proxy)

2) they accept U.S. based credit cards only (friend's cc is still linked to Australian bank)

Anyone out there with a cunning plan around this?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

HELP!

I just discovered this hole in my Faliero Sarti cashmere scarf...
                    can this be fixed/mended?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

you can mend it if you are scared give it to a dry cleaning place. it will be visible, of course, but not a big deal on a scarf, i think.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

You can also use a suit reweaver, who will do a solid job. Still visible, but even less so. Reweaving is expensive though.

Regarding leathers, Kangaroo is generally considered sturdier than calf. It's why so many soccer cleats and other athletic shoes are made of it. Stronger + Lighter is a plus. Though, it is much thinner as well, so if the processing removes bits I suppose that might change.

On another note, do Ann jackets have wider shoulders than Ann shirts, or am I just completely unable to wear Ann tops?
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                          • Mar 2007

Thanks Faust , theetruscan...

Any good weavers to recommend? In NYC would be best :)

Googled and found this place called Without A Trace. They're in Chicago.

Anyone's had experience with them?

Cheers.

Comment

• Silk
                            • Jan 2009

There are quite a few on Yelp.com if you search some different terms to find one. I just tried "reweaver" in NY and three came up, but if you search for more common terms like "garment repair" or something you might get more results.

Comment

• diamonds
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                              You can also use a suit reweaver, who will do a solid job. Still visible, but even less so. Reweaving is expensive though.

Regarding leathers, Kangaroo is generally considered sturdier than calf. It's why so many soccer cleats and other athletic shoes are made of it. Stronger + Lighter is a plus. Though, it is much thinner as well, so if the processing removes bits I suppose that might change.
                              Actually kangaroo is used in sportswear because it makes you jump higher.

Comment

• Torchiere
                                • May 2009

^Mike Tyson might have had his gloves made with kangaroo leather

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎