Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okayvin
    • Sep 2013

Thanks, that is encouraging. The shoulders are pointed so should I allow for a few more cm than usual when I receive the measurements?

Comment

• kuriz
      • Nov 2010

Here I am, clueless, entering the Rick world and currently looking around for my first leather. I'm a slim fit size 2 with Julius and medium with BBS: would that translate into a 46 in RO?
      Also is there something valuable one must know about RO sizes or are they pretty straight forward?

Comment

• dunglan7
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
        Here I am, clueless, entering the Rick world and currently looking around for my first leather. I'm a slim fit size 2 with Julius and medium with BBS: would that translate into a 46 in RO? And does the sizes generally differ a lot from model to model or is it pretty much the same?
        Yes Rick sizes vary from model to model. Also they vary from different seasons as well. It would be safe to say you are a medium in Rick as well.

Comment

• eleven crows
          • Mar 2011

okayvin, go true to your normal size. The measurements on the shoulder may actually be a little less than you'd expect.

The washi/linen is a lovely blend. You're in for a treat if you pick it up.

Comment

• yack
            • May 2011

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            Random thing maybe not the right place to ask.
            But what are lyrics that designer names are dropped in... kanye, other rappers? Anyone who knows id appreciate a post

Cheers
            "Red bottoms by the barrel
            Pop the Giuseppe tags like it's American Apparel
            $20,000 up in Barneys, haters'll never harm me
            Rick Owens on me, bombers for my whole army"

-Rick Ross, "Super High"

"What’s Gucci, my nigga? What’s Louis, my killa?
            What’s drugs, my dealer? What’s that jacket, Margiela?"

-Kanye West, "Niggas In Paris"

"And ain't nobody fresher
            I'm in Mason (Ah!) Martin Margiela
            On the tape we're screamin'
            fuck the other side, they jealous"

-Jay-Z, "Run This Town"

This one is cringe-worthy for a different reason imo:

"Call em a bastard like their dad a no show
            I'm too fast for slow pokes running on the track with Yohji Yamamoto's
            This ain't fashion rap I'm bringing the passion back"

-Twalib Kweli, "Gutter Rainbows"

Plus the infamous ASAP Rocky songs which are too numerous but mainly the "Raf Simons Rick Owens usually what I'm dressed in" from Pesos and "Three-strap sneakers" in Goldie.

Funnily, every kid in middle school in America knows how to say Margiela now thanks to Jay-Z and Kanye. My sister, having no idea what a "Furgella" was, had to ask her students.

Originally posted by limeade View Post
            Next level Dolce & Gabbana name dropping. Hope this helps snafu. lol.
            I've always thought Riff Raff is a perfect satire (if indeed it is satire) of endless obsession over designer goods in every aspect of life.

Comment

• docus
              • Dec 2010

Snafu - there's also 'The Mall' by Gang Starr for a Sonia Rykiel reference, among other things

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                Money, hoes and clothes all a nigga knows
                A foolish pleasure, whatever
                I had to find the buried treasure, so grams I had to measure
                However living better now, Gucci sweater now

Big Poppa, Biggie Smalls

haha, that's all I got. And you didn't hear it from me.
                *sorry if you were expecting CCP et al; not like he'd have fit into any of it
                i love biggie. poppa been smooth since days of Underroos

now entering the wayback machine:

I put hoes in NY onto DKNY
                Miami, D.C. prefer Versace
                All Philly hoes, go with Moschino
                Every cutie wit a booty bought a Coogi
                Now who's the real dookie, meaning who's really the shit

Last edited by cjbreed; 11-14-2013, 10:44 AM.
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• okayvin
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                  okayvin, go true to your normal size. The measurements on the shoulder may actually be a little less than you'd expect.

The washi/linen is a lovely blend. You're in for a treat if you pick it up.
                  Thanks, much appreciated.

Comment

• max_yeah_true
                    • Apr 2012

Hey,
                    so I'm also clueless and entering the rick world. I've been reading through the forums a lot, but I want to try and figure out a couple things before I continue on my venture.
                    1. Well this is pretty damn basic but... I honestly don't get what's so obvious how everyone here can tell which pieces are worth the money and which aren't. Obviously the prices for designer-wear are pretty high, but I mean when you compare two of these side by side. How did you get to the point where you can tell what you want and what you don't? When I see fit-pics, I can usually tell that something looks good. But seeing a piece on it's own doesn't tell me that much. I've done quite a lot of reading like I said but still it's not coming to me. Pretty lost, any advice?
                    2. What season has the best RO leather according to the general consensus?
                    3. Where should I be looking online to find pieces? apart from online stores carrying this seasons' items and possibly items from last season on sale. SuFu, sf, sz. I'm a 48-50 but planning on being a 50-52. I'm a 50 in pants and a 45 in shoes. I doubt I'll have any chance to find stuff on rakuten or y!jp.

thanks.

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

I suggest you read the whole RO thread to understand more of the designer.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

agreed.

What goes for something being worth x amount of money.. there are people who think a leather jacket is never worth more than a couple of hundred and people who consider a $5000 one to be worth it - its up to your own discretion. We've had long discussions in the past regarding value of clothing and what its made up of. In many cases you are paying not only for the garment (quality of material, construction, craftmanship etc) but also the concept (style, idea, uniqueness, the designer's vision) associated with it, its difficult to put a price tag on that. The question is what that all is worth to you.

Also, nothing obviously beats seeing the actual clothing, preferably over several seasons. If you don't have access to a physical retailer its inevitably more difficult to get a feel of it.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jj.still
                          • Dec 2006

Do current season RO high-neck shearlings (bauhaus and other one) come with "cold" (without shearling inside) sleeves? It's not clear from various descriptions that say that sleeves lining is cupro.
                          Last edited by jj.still; 11-16-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• RORORO
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by max_yeah_true View Post
                            Hey,
                            so I'm also clueless and entering the rick world. I've been reading through the forums a lot, but I want to try and figure out a couple things before I continue on my venture.
                            1. Well this is pretty damn basic but... I honestly don't get what's so obvious how everyone here can tell which pieces are worth the money and which aren't. Obviously the prices for designer-wear are pretty high, but I mean when you compare two of these side by side. How did you get to the point where you can tell what you want and what you don't? When I see fit-pics, I can usually tell that something looks good. But seeing a piece on it's own doesn't tell me that much. I've done quite a lot of reading like I said but still it's not coming to me. Pretty lost, any advice?
                            2. What season has the best RO leather according to the general consensus?
                            3. Where should I be looking online to find pieces? apart from online stores carrying this seasons' items and possibly items from last season on sale. SuFu, sf, sz. I'm a 48-50 but planning on being a 50-52. I'm a 50 in pants and a 45 in shoes. I doubt I'll have any chance to find stuff on rakuten or y!jp.

thanks.
                            1. nothing is worth the money. it's all obscenely expensive. that said, as for which pieces are relatively better buys, it just comes from experience. if you have a retailer near you, go check out the Rick pieces each season. Seeing it in person is huge. You'll start to see which pieces have better quality leather, or start to prefer certain styles, etc. It helps having owned a bunch of the pieces already. Also, people do disagree. Just buy what you like.

2. I think older season, '07, '09. With newer seasons, it varies. I like the leather on some pieces, and really don't on others.

3. We are the same size. I never messed with y!jp or rakuten due to the complexity, and I assumed like you that I'm probably too big. I find the SZ classifieds to be the best, although SF, SuFu, and eBay work too.

Comment

• JSebbe
                              • Mar 2008

just copped a pair of ccp drips in sz 7, which should be my size. being a 42. other boots from ccp in sz 7, usually fit me well. these drips don't. they're like 1-1.5 cm, too big for me feets.
                              measures 31cm outsole.

are they irregular in size?
                              do they vary in sz from different releases?

also, the ccp insole are like 2cm shorter then the boot.. what is that all about? has anyone else experienced this?

want to clear some stuff out before i try to trade/sell them..

tia

Comment

• jj.still
                                • Dec 2006

^^^ I got mine yesterday. Sz7 black roo. They fit 42 spot on. Probably there there are some fluctuations and irregularities. What leather and color are yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎