X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • round
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Even if he was, why should it bother anyone, especially on a fashion forum? [uncool]

Are there any more pictures of the campaign?
    How is it that you are getting offended by a theoretical situation in which Jayden Smith was a transvestite?

This picture belongs in the WTF thread because it is cringeworthy, the styling choices, the poses, the clothing, everything about it, at least in my opinion; is laughable. Nothing about this screams "challenging gender stereotypes", it screams "look at how progressive and forward we are" without being progressive or forward in the least.

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
    The grandiosity of the PC thing is getting hysterical now -- if you're not deluding yourself into thinking you're a champion of social justice for putting a bra on then you're an invalid.
    Also, holy shit, QFT, thank you.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

I’m not offended. It just baffled me, how having a man model women’s clothes is new after it has been done this way or the other way around so many times.
      You’re right, the only cringeworthy elements of this photograph are the awkward poses, the composition etc.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

Searching for Sneaker? We’ve got Boris Bidjan Saberi Men's Footwear starting at $270 and plenty of other Men's Footwear. Shop our selection of Boris Bidjan Saberi today!

is this godawful dye (paint?) job of this guy's bambas priced this high wtf?

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by round View Post
          Nothing about this screams "challenging gender stereotypes", it screams "look at how progressive and forward we are" without being progressive or forward in the least.
          Spot on. This is nonsensical, hype marketing. Also, the image does little to help mainstream Jayden's point of view because of the poor choices noted by round. No one wins with this one.

Comment

• nlsz352
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by gregor View Post
            https://www.grailed.com/listings/345...saberi-sneaker

is this godawful dye (paint?) job of this guy's bambas priced this high wtf?
            funny thing is, if you try to donate to goodwill, they probably wouldn't take them

Comment

• Defender
              Banned
              • Jan 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/08/us...=top-news&_r=0

So Marco Rubio, the son of Cuban immigrants, seems to be wearing a cuban heel style boot...and it became a NYTimes front page story when other Republican candidates reacted negatively. What a country some of us live in

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

i think they read a bit far into it in that article, but it's also a testament to the pettiness amplified and not exclusive to us politics. i found that to be the case in a lot of real, human, visceral interactions there, even in the relatively-progressive seattle.

Comment

• En.
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                  So Marco Rubio, the son of Cuban immigrants, seems to be wearing a cuban heel style boot...and it became a NYTimes front page story when other Republican candidates reacted negatively. What a country some of us live in
                  Only 3 of the candidates reacted and it was jokingly. Nothing negative about it.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Defender View Post
                    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/08/us...=top-news&_r=0

I think men in heels is an interesting topic now. As quite a few designers are pushing them - SLP, Haider, the new A.F. Vandevorst collections (I have a pair actually)

As there is a breaking down of what certain gender's can wear, I can only see the negative reactions growing as well. Luckily I haven't had anything serious or particularly offensive said to me (yet).
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                      I think men in heels is an interesting topic now. As quite a few designers are pushing them - SLP, Haider, the new A.F. Vandevorst collections (I have a pair actually)

As there is a breaking down of what certain gender's can wear, I can only see the negative reactions growing as well. Luckily I haven't had anything serious or particularly offensive said to me (yet).
                      I think cuban heels look very cool if your style goes with it and I’m sure heels in general can look good on men. After all, it has its perks:

"When the soldier stood up in his stirrups, the heel helped him to secure his stance so that he could shoot his bow and arrow more effectively,"
                      Taken from this article about the history of heels on men’s shoes.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

RE: Louis Vuitton

Am I missing something or is this video just plain boring and crappy?

-Paris Hilton

Comment

• newp
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          RE: Louis Vuitton

Am I missing something or is this video just plain boring and crappy?
                          I haven't got the ending at all but 'you are beautiful' message in the end-middle was okay. However boring indeed.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

what am i looking at here
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                                • Oct 2012

I´m guessing it´s a "that guy on the picture is gonna be wearing these??!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎