Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fry Chicken
    replied
    Good idea, but it'll open the door to <100 posts sellers, and probably to scammers...

Leave a comment:

• Eye
    replied
    Great idea, which might help people to sell their grails, and also to shorten the sales and to get less threads in the classifieds.

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied
    Good idea, I'm with Noodles.

Leave a comment:

• BSR
    replied
    Originally posted by philip nod View Post
    BSR - CCP FENCING fw 07 original leather. 50 will pay $3500 for MINT
    WTF would i do with a fencing 50? but switch to 46 and i'm all for your WTB thing

Leave a comment:

• philip nod
    replied
    help finding typically tends to be about brand new or current season offerings, and is really conversational...you point somebody to an online sale thread...its difficult for one to keep track of whether or not the person has found there item etc...
    this would be more geared toward creating a list that is easily readible for items that are more difficult to come by in a designers archive...things that might be in a private collection not for sale on line...each member can have their own thread.

EX
    WTB:

PNOD - RO S/S 07 black moto collar lamb leather. 46. will pay $1500 for 9+/10 condition

AKA - CCP FENCING fw 07 original leather. 50 will pay $2000 for 8+/10
    BSR - CCP FENCING fw 07 original leather. 50 will pay $3500 for MINT

if you happen to have an item that you are willing to sell and you see it on the list, then you can reach to that person...there are a lot of items i might sell if i saw there was an interest, cuts out the pain of doing a sale thread. also it creates a visible market demand, so one can gauge how much an old carpe diem sock buried in the desert might be worth.

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    isn't that what the help finding thread is for..?

Leave a comment:

• gaitortrout
    replied
    One thread woud probably be the most practical... Maybe everyone gets one post each (which they could later go back and update)? Sounds tricky either way.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    You mean just one thread and many people can post in it?

Leave a comment:

• philip nod
    replied
    WTB STICKY

i would happy to see a WTB STICKY thread that is in the classifieds...these WTB quickly get buried by the toxic sludge of the FS. it would also help with selling items that you don't want to sell
    it was who?'s recent FS post that made me think of it.

Leave a comment:

• eat me
    replied
    That's a great idea. Faust, perhaps you could do a sticky in collections thread, like "Attention - NAMING CONVENTIONS" or something like that, so that people would notice? And rename all the recent threads according to it, so that one would see that there is some form of standard?

I think the year should go in front as well, it's much easier on the eye and making scanning through threads much quicker:

Hussein Chalayan Women's SS2011 Paris
    Maison Martin Margiela Women's Haute Couture FW2010 Paris
    Number (N)ine Men's FW2009 Paris

or

SS2011 Hussein Chalayan - Women's Paris
    FW2010 Maison Martin Margiela - Women's Haute Couture Paris
    FW2009 Number (N)ine - Men's Paris

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    I don't know how many times I've posted the exact same thing, but people don't seem to listen.

Leave a comment:

• Avantster
    replied
    Good point Z, was thinking about this too.

Designer | Gender | Season | Type | City | Title

e.g. Hussein Chalayan Women's SS2011 Paris
    Maison Martin Margiela Women's Haute Couture FW2010 Paris
    Number (N)ine Men's FW2009 Paris - A closed feeling

Note re season, it's a good idea to put the season and year together to make for easier searching.
    e.g. SS2011 instead of SS 2011.

Leave a comment:

• zamb
    replied
    Can we develop a standardized way for creating thread titles for Collections.............seems kinda arbitrary right now

Designer name/ Season (acronym)/ City would be nice.

eg, Hussien Chalayan/ FW 10/ Paris

or Hussien Chalayan- S/S 2011- Paris.

whatever we decide on, we just need to be consistent so the page looks nice and clean

Leave a comment:

• Fenix
    replied
    Ha, sorry. :) I've seen links to all kinds of things on sigs. Very good point though, removed.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    /\ lol. Johnnyfenix, please kindly remove.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎