• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: dior sneakers

sounds like the soup nazi
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

^ hehehe. If he charges that for viridi-anne then he should hire some SAs that can handle the pressure for him.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]sounds like the soup nazi
        [/quote]

sounds like soup nazi's daddy

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

haha, do you know him albert? At this moment i think everybody on this planet has a funny or scaring story about him...at least it is never boring...
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

nah, I dont know him directly but friends of mine do and the stories seem to be quite similar albeit not so.... Rough I guess hahaa. To my understanding Kurts just a guy who is seriously fanatical about the brands he carries and sees the store as an extension of his personal closet and like your own closet you dont want just anyone digging around or would you want to show everyone everything nor would you want to sell everything/anything hehehe. There is an employee at KH, she is very nice too!
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Yeah, thats totally the way he sees things. He always told me that he only sells stuff that he would wear himself. And yes he has a nice and shy girl who is his right hand, Sophie.

funny thing is, the store has two floors, a ground floor and a lower floor. The ground floor carries only a few pieces, means if you come in you see like 3 Number Nine tops on the left side and a few women pieces on the right side. Then Kurt comes up and the inquiries start. If he feels you or you show knowledge he invites you to go to one floor down and there all the real stuff is stored...i have seen people coming in and asking if they could go down and he told them to go home, study some fashion magazines, get some knowledge about Poell and co and come back...then he would let them down...

and just to come back to the point about dior and its degeneration: Kurt is talking the same about Poell or for example Undercover, Attachment..."getting too big, too many people who own pieces, too many jerks who want it, in the beginning it was better" and so on. I think everyone who participated a "movement" from the beginning will think that later times are always far worse. Its the same with me saying: oh 10 years ago the parties were far better, not so many jerks, better music, bla bla...but in the end it is so subjective because people grow up and so does their style (Please note: i DONT doubt that diors quality has gone downhill compared to later seasons)

So if one looks at the msn group and find (in ones eyes) ridicolous posts, one should think: ok that guy has no style or knowledge, but maybe at some moment i was the same when i was younger and one day he will, maybe, wear the same stuff i am wearing right now and will think the same about someone else...or maybe not. You can buy stuff, but not style and i think there will be people wearing all day long dior (also new stuff) looking great and people wearing Poell, Volga Volga and Ma+ looking like shit. Just yesterday i talked to a fat and ugly 45 year old guy in Poell boots, Chromehearts rings and belt, and SEVEN jeans with a blue/white striped shirt. Man, that guy sucked, from what he was trying to tell me i could understand that he was wearing it only because it is super expensive...
              I really dont wanna defend some of the individualy on msn, but if one (including me) is looking for Strip/Luster stuff now because he missed it, it CAN be that he is really about the style and not only about what the masses are into. And thats one reason why i personally am not after Red or Solitaire pieces. Its not dark enough for a goth ninja...haha

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]

and just to come back to the point about dior and its degeneration: Kurt is talking the same about Poell or for example Undercover, Attachment..."getting too big, too many people who own pieces, too many jerks who want it, in the beginning it was better" and so on. I think everyone who participated a "movement" from the beginning will think that later times are always far worse. Its the same with me saying: oh 10 years ago the parties were far better, not so many jerks, better music, bla bla...but in the end it is so subjective because people grow up and so does their style (Please note: i DONT doubt that diors quality has gone downhill compared to later seasons)

So if one looks at the msn group and find (in ones eyes) ridicolous posts, one should think: ok that guy has no style or knowledge, but maybe at some moment i was the same when i was younger and one day he will, maybe, wear the same stuff i am wearing right now and will think the same about someone else...or maybe not. You can buy stuff, but not style and i think there will be people wearing all day long dior (also new stuff) looking great and people wearing Poell, Volga Volga and Ma+ looking like shit. Just yesterday i talked to a fat and ugly 45 year old guy in Poell boots, Chromehearts rings and belt, and SEVEN jeans with a blue/white striped shirt. Man, that guy sucked, from what he was trying to tell me i could understand that he was wearing it only because it is super expensive...
                I really dont wanna defend some of the individualy on msn, but if one (including me) is looking for Strip/Luster stuff now because he missed it, it CAN be that he is really about the style and not only about what the masses are into. And thats one reason why i personally am not after Red or Solitaire pieces. Its not dark enough for a goth ninja...haha

[/quote]

Very reasonable points, theaddict. Nice post, and welcome. [51]

(am enjoying the anecdotes about this kurt character also. [86] )

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• JohnFG
                  • May 2007

you're right Albert: KURT is fanatic about "our favourite brands" and lives in them.

And YES, he first is very hard to get close and seems unfriendly, BUT he is a very very nice guy once you get to know him better.

Whenever I'm in Cologne I see him and spend a good amount of time chatting with him. I love to hear his stories he encountered during the last 15 to 20 years, working close with Amadei etc...

I also understand people who cannot handle his attitude and don't like to go to KH for this reason ... well it is part of the deal and you don't have to!

JF

PS: I'm just coming back from Siegfried (the owner of Harveys in Berlin) and we were talking about Kurt...beeing very special :))

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

and i have to give props to Stylezeitgeist and its members, i agree with you all that people here are more mature than on any other forum...so is their language (many native speakers i guess, excluding me).

I will (ab)use this forum to train and pimp up my language and learn from people how to express thoughts like a native speaker while having fun (very impressing posts from Chinorz for example). My next TOEFL test will achieve the full point scale!!! A good training for a later master programm too.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

@ johnfg

yeah, i totally agree, i was just telling people how funny/scary it can be with him. To me he is always friendly and he has always a story to tell. I mean its not regular shopping at his store its an "adventure" and you come out after one or two hours and you are totally exhausted...haha.

I also meet him occasionally at nights in different pubs and he is always nice to me.

So please dont get me wrong!

Ahh, you didnt see his blue comme des garcons cardigan, do you? he lost it somehow and told me to look at every person who could have it and tell him right away if i see someone...he really LOVES his clothes...:)

Comment

• JohnFG
                        • May 2007

...so, WELCOME to SZ!

Where are you from in Germany ? - Could have ask in German, but don't want to slow down your english training...

JF

Comment

• JohnFG
                          • May 2007

[quote user="theaddict"]

@ johnfg

yeah, i totally agree, i was just telling people how funny/scary it can be with him. To me he is always friendly and he has always a story to tell. I mean its not regular shopping at his store its an "adventure" and you come out after one or two hours and you are totally exhausted...haha.

I also meet him occasionally at nights in different pubs and he is always nice to me.

So please dont get me wrong!

Ahh, you didnt see his blue comme des garcons cardigan, do you? he lost it somehow and told me to look at every person who could have it and tell him right away if i see someone...he really LOVES his clothes...:)

[/quote]

Have seen it two weeks ago :))

JF

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

fuck, the parties do suck now ;) i think the difference is DH more
                            actively participated in it's downfall so to speak. there is the same
                            cool factor with a lot of the brands here but the brands themselves
                            arent really responsible for shoving it down your throat nearly as much or at all. u cant base an entire brand image on
                            hipster losers in bands/skinny super gay kids and then get mad when hipster losers in bands/skinny super gay kids end up wearing
                            the stuff. technically they have more of a right to like in than any
                            of us. obviously clothes r just consumer good so u cant really control
                            who ends up buying them when they become trendy unless i guess u own your own crazy facist nazi s(c)h(utzstaffel)op.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]

[/quote]

that's just awesome! [87]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

haha...:)

I live in cologne right now (thats why i hang out at Kurts store sometimes), but i think i will move to Berlin, end of the year...its so boring in cologne...

Where are you located?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎