X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: dior sneakers

I just had to post some of these....Sweet baby Jesus are these ugly.

My, my, my.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Jorge Hache
      • Sep 2006

And the ship keeps drowning.....

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Then you get the guys who are proud to drop $4k on the cropped python lapeled strip blazer too. Its just a sad state of affairs over there.[/quote]

this statement is a bit hypocritical, non?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

No... the python strip blazer was never more than $2500 at full retail if I remember correctly. Not only that, it's about as impractical as a blazer can get being super short and barely closes in the front. No aspect of it makes it worth anywhere near $3-4k be it creation, treatment, fabric or anything. It's a nice piece don't get me wrong... but I remember just a couple of years ago when they kept showing up and couldn't even be sold for $1200.

The new DH loving generation has a pretty vapid continuing fascination with Luster and Strip yet I don't think they get the whole idea of it nor do they understand why DH is the name that it is. They wear all the bullshit from the last two seasons yet continue to laud "Luster and Strip" with no mention of Red, Follow Me, Reflection etc. At the same time barely anything that is signature Luster/Strip goes with anything from s/s05 onwards in the DH world so that tells me that they just have the knee-jerk reaction to love Luster/Strip just because.

I don't know... the msn forum just makes me sad nowadays.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

[quote user="mass"]this statement is a bit hypocritical, non?[/quote]

now just slightly more.

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

nandayoooooooo?

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

Uh-oh the canadians are ganging up on you Albert.

Comment

• viridi
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

No... the python strip blazer was never more than $2500 at full retail if I remember correctly. Not only that, it's about as impractical as a blazer can get being super short and barely closes in the front. No aspect of it makes it worth anywhere near $3-4k be it creation, treatment, fabric or anything. It's a nice piece don't get me wrong... but I remember just a couple of years ago when they kept showing up and couldn't even be sold for $1200.

The new DH loving generation has a pretty vapid continuing fascination with Luster and Strip yet I don't think they get the whole idea of it nor do they understand why DH is the name that it is. They wear all the bullshit from the last two seasons yet continue to laud "Luster and Strip" with no mention of Red, Follow Me, Reflection etc. At the same time barely anything that is signature Luster/Strip goes with anything from s/s05 onwards in the DH world so that tells me that they just have the knee-jerk reaction to love Luster/Strip just because.

[/quote]the young DH fans are missing an whole idea of how agood tailored shirt/blazer/pantsis supposed to be.

luster and striip would make them feel steezyenough. so...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[74]

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

[quote user="mass"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Then you get the guys who are proud to drop $4k on the cropped python lapeled strip blazer too. Its just a sad state of affairs over there.[/quote]

this statement is a bit hypocritical, non?[/quote]

details plz.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Oh it was in regards to me saying that someone dropping $4k on the python lapeled Strip blazer being ridiculous... since I just bought a CCP fencing.

The thing is that the python lapeled strip blazer wasn't even close to $4k at retail... and not many people even wanted it (plus the other arguments I made in the response) so its more comparing apples to oranges in this case I feel. :)

Comment

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Oh it was in regards to me saying that someone dropping $4k on the python lapeled Strip blazer being ridiculous... since I just bought a CCP fencing.

The thing is that the python lapeled strip blazer wasn't even close to $4k at retail... and not many people even wanted it (plus the other arguments I made in the response) so its more comparing apples to oranges in this case I feel. :)

[/quote]

which is why i'm interested in mass' reasons for why it's hypocritical. not intended to be antagonistic, just curious.

Comment

• Hocus Pocus
                            • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, what would you say that they don't get? Maybe I'm part of the ignorant masses, but I never thought it was that complicated, at least if you knew the minimum about Hedi and whatnot (which I feel like someone who is dropping big scrilla on DH must eventually stumble upon, but then maybe I'm just being optimistic...)

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

i don't feel it is comparing apples to oranges or that the retail is relevant; something is worth as much as the amount someone is willing to pay for it. but considering you were diorbeasting--or rather, collecting--just a little while ago before you decided dior wasn't as 'timeless' as poell (or maybe it was because of saturation, not really important) makes me wonder why you feel it's ridiculous for someone to pay an asinine amount for something that is now quite rare. but yeah, same as hocus pocus...

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="mass"]i don't feel it is comparing apples to oranges or that the retail is relevant; something is worth as much as the amount someone is willing to pay for it. but considering you were diorbeasting--or rather, collecting--just a little while ago before you decided dior wasn't as 'timeless' as poell (or maybe it was because of saturation, not really important) makes me wonder why you feel it's ridiculous for someone to pay an asinine amount for something that is now quite rare. but yeah, same as hocus pocus...[/quote]

whoa...looks like cards are getting pulled. *grabs popcorn*

i'm neutral on this issue....all y'all cool in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎