X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: dior sneakers

^hahaha nah its all good matt! I just like thinking about it all every once in a while. People can wear whatever they want in the end... I'm not about exclusivity in a "holier than thou" sense... I'm wearing a $7 tshirt today and its just as comfy as any $300 rick tee ;) on the batman tip, I can't wait til that movie comes out... Shit is gonna be baller! Same with Harold and kumar. Oh man its gonna be hilariousssssss!!!!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

that batman movie is gonna be the first i'll pay to watch in the cinema in months...

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

its gonna be epic! Totally a big screen experience that you cant quite get at home!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]^hahaha nah its all good matt! I just like thinking about it all every once in a while. People can wear whatever they want in the end... I'm not about exclusivity in a "holier than thou" sense... I'm wearing a $7 tshirt today and its just as comfy as any $300 rick tee ;) on the batman tip, I can't wait til that movie comes out... Shit is gonna be baller! Same with Harold and kumar. Oh man its gonna be hilariousssssss!!!![/quote]

srsly

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

The first Harold and Kumar was so underrated. The second one should be pretty hilarious.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
              • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Nice going with the insult.

[/quote]

i wasnt insulting u. just mentioning that through DH's branding they were obviously gonna attract an audience who's motives/buying habits/dh party loyalty etc etc may come off a little more clumsy than what you are likely to find here with like ccp and the like...and that's what u were getting a lil annoyed with right?? how silly some of these kids were sounding on the msn forum, no. i mean, what were we supposed to expect; DH was/is pretty much a self-parody:

so yeah no insult just PEACE:

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

gotcha big V! Its all good. You're right. That first photo sums it up :) but wasn't this a movie thread? Hahaha h&K was one of the best films of the 21st century already. "that was so fucking extreme! Lets go drink some fucking mountain dew!"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]albert, i understand where you're coming from, it's all good and all, but i can't help but think you're taking all this a little too personally and seriously. When it comes to interpreting fashion into ones personal style, I don't think one should be dictated by what is going on with the rest of the world. If something suits you and you are comfortable in it, go for it...just because something has been adopted by a demographic you may have some disdain for, doesn't necessarily disqualify it's validity for those who appreciate and wear the clothes well. Moving on to more esoteric designers because as you mature you start relating to differet things would be fine, but to do it as a statement of exclusivity is not something i would agree with and I don't think it reflects true personal style...if anything it is another form of following the hype, but just a different kind. At the end of the day, wear what's you, regardless of what tag is sewn on it.[/quote]

But Albert is not referencing those people, I think. He's referencing the trendies, no?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

yessuh the trendies :) I think in the end we're all on the same page :)

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

voltaire, you've been making some great posts lately.

[quote user="Faust"]

Laika, how can you be so reductive!!! Hahaha, sorry, I couldn't resist!!!! I love you [51]

In all seriousness, that's kind of true though, no? Look at WAYWT - there is a variety of looks presented, I think.

[/quote]

I didn't think it was particularly controversial to say that the prevailing SZ aesthetic is a dark one. I take it for granted that all of us "mature individuals" here at SZ can be light-hearted about something as silly as "goth ninja." It's not so bad to have a laugh at yourself every once in awhile. [86][51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Aug 2007

aha someone youtube the "bitch, learn how to make fucking coffee you fucking whore." scene.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

can't find it :( got a link?

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Harold and Kumar was quite enjoyable providing you were watching it with the proper preparation; I was smoking joints with friends on a sunny afternoon laying on a couch and did have a few great laughs.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]can't find it :( got a link?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6MC6SXyNs

wait like a 1min30...

hilarity ensues.

Comment

• Re: dior sneakers

one aspect of this that i haven't seen called out explicitly is that there's a high likelihood for fashion disaster if one buys into a brand, any brand, without filtering it through their own style. this is as true of dh as it is with ma+. in fact, it holds truer with sz-brands, since those designers are generally pushing the boundaries further than others, so their mistakes are worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎