X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: dior sneakers

do you guys think that kanye outfit is a good look?

its something i imagine would get a lot of love on supertalk or hypebeast

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

[/quote]

Supertalk hates that shit.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

I think it's cool.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
          • Aug 2007

casem, naw its david lindwall with the shirt:

and christoffer fagerli on the left:

both actual OG dh poster boys...but ud also recognize em from the ann, cdg, (n)n etc runway shows....

ps. its okay FAUST pm'd me earlier complaining that the only problem wit sz was NOT ENOUGH MODEL TALK.

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="matthewhk"]

[/quote]

Supertalk hates that shit.

[/quote]

i just looked at that pic again - and i think you're right. if that wasn't a famous dude, just someone who threw that up as a first post waywt he'd probably get neg repped into oblivion.

Niketalk would quite like it, i think.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

hey there, well this is my first post, so i would ask you guys to be kind :) haha

I just decided to join this forum, although i have been reading in it from time to time and i must say, the level of language here is incredibly high and demanding. Havent read such well expressed comments on any other forum. Therefore i totally agree with you Chinorz, this forum and also the represented brands are more mature then on msn.
              And i also totally understand your "sadness" looking at the pics of that guy wearing the sheer shirt or a striped shirt in a club looking quite ridicolous...

I must admit that it hasnt been a long time, since i discovered brands like CCP, Ann and co. I live in Germany and here the supply for such brands is quite limited, i know of exactly one store here in cologne that carries CCP. That was the place i got introduced to these brands, althought it wasnt easy in the beginning to be accepted as a customer. The owner is quite famous because he is so crazy and rough (a friend went to New York and even there the staff from Atelier at once recognized his name) and he is known for throwing people out of his shop if they dont know the names of the brands he sells.I have seen him insulting people who came in wearing suits with the words:"Get out and get yourself your shitty Prada Gucci Shit, Fuck off!" He is serving only one customer at one moment and therefore people like me are waiting (outside of the shop) sometimes 1 hour to get the possibility to buy something. Can you imagine that? What i want to say is that it depends on your location how you get access information and inspiration for different styles and i would say that it is a lot easier in New York or Tokio to be "educated" in such matters.

I am a active member of msn and that has to do with the fact that i love the brand. I am also not too young anymore, but back in the "great" times of Luster, Strip or even before, i was still studying and i would never ever have had the money to buy whatsoever pricey jacket. And yes i do love the aesthetic of especially those two collections, and it is just a coincidence that i started admiring those pieces when everybody else did. I still could kick my ass for not buying back then and now i have to pay that, indeed, ridicolous prices. But i also dont mind to buy later seasons if i like the item. I dont care if the whole season was shit, if the one item suits me.

Well right now i bought some pieces represented here and i do like to mix them with my dior stuff. But i also have some problems with the fitting. For example Poell, Augusta or other well manufactured boots are only produced in size 7 upwards. I have really tiny feet and therefore i would need a 6 or even a 5. But i have never seen such a size anywhere and i dot know if i wanna take the risk to custom order them from Poell and they dont fit properly. And also the leathers like the fencing jacket are nice on other people but on my skinny shoulders it looks way too bulky...

Last thing: The"Goth-Ninja" look, is my favority word now, and my favorite look...hehe

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]

hey there, well this is my first post, so i would ask you guys to be kind :) haha

I just decided to join this forum, although i have been reading in it from time to time and i must say, the level of language here is incredibly high and demanding. Havent read such well expressed comments on any other forum. Therefore i totally agree with you Chinorz, this forum and also the represented brands are more mature then on msn.
                And i also totally understand your "sadness" looking at the pics of that guy wearing the sheer shirt or a striped shirt in a club looking quite ridicolous...

I must admit that it hasnt been a long time, since i discovered brands like CCP, Ann and co. I live in Germany and here the supply for such brands is quite limited, i know of exactly one store here in cologne that carries CCP. That was the place i got introduced to these brands, althought it wasnt easy in the beginning to be accepted as a customer. The owner is quite famous because he is so crazy and rough (a friend went to New York and even there the staff from Atelier at once recognized his name) and he is known for throwing people out of his shop if they dont know the names of the brands he sells.I have seen him insulting people who came in wearing suits with the words:"Get out and get yourself your shitty Prada Gucci Shit, Fuck off!" He is serving only one customer at one moment and therefore people like me are waiting (outside of the shop) sometimes 1 hour to get the possibility to buy something. Can you imagine that? What i want to say is that it depends on your location how you get access information and inspiration for different styles and i would say that it is a lot easier in New York or Tokio to be "educated" in such matters.

I am a active member of msn and that has to do with the fact that i love the brand. I am also not too young anymore, but back in the "great" times of Luster, Strip or even before, i was still studying and i would never ever have had the money to buy whatsoever pricey jacket. And yes i do love the aesthetic of especially those two collections, and it is just a coincidence that i started admiring those pieces when everybody else did. I still could kick my ass for not buying back then and now i have to pay that, indeed, ridicolous prices. But i also dont mind to buy later seasons if i like the item. I dont care if the whole season was shit, if the one item suits me.

Well right now i bought some pieces represented here and i do like to mix them with my dior stuff. But i also have some problems with the fitting. For example Poell, Augusta or other well manufactured boots are only produced in size 7 upwards. I have really tiny feet and therefore i would need a 6 or even a 5. But i have never seen such a size anywhere and i dot know if i wanna take the risk to custom order them from Poell and they dont fit properly. And also the leathers like the fencing jacket are nice on other people but on my skinny shoulders it looks way too bulky...

Last thing: The"Goth-Ninja" look, is my favority word now, and my favorite look...hehe

[/quote]

That's nuts, lol.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                  • Aug 2007

So... did someone tell arcadefire if the damn sneakers are from ss04? hehehe

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="theaddict"]

[/quote]

That's nuts, lol.

[/quote]

Yeah crazy as i said. He sometimes tells me stories, how he went to paris for ordering stuff from Comme des Garcons: "I came into the showroom and told XY throw everybody else out! Give me half an hour, and my order will be done! And so XS threw everybody else out and just served me. Everbody else is totally afraid of me"

He claims to have known and featured Poell from his first steps when no one knew him or to have worked with Kris van Asche back in time. Even that he ate with Hedi and co when he was in Paris last time. I am not so sure if all is exactly truth as he tells, but i also dont think that he is telling pure nonsense. He also tell funny stories that when he was younger he was often on the frontpage of the Guardian (or another UK Paper, not so sure right now) because he had the craziest fucked up black goth style on a regular conservatice paris fashion show event...I call this style "HIGH CLASS CLOCHARD"...and he definitely looks like he lived a rockn roll life...

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

None of that sounds very likely

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

street cred never does
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

I like your new sig nid.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                            • Aug 2007

aw, i thought u were gonna say he kicked u out of his shop for having tiny feet. that would be amazing.

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

haha, yeah he always tells me that Poell boots have to be worn bigger than a regular fit...but he ONLY stocks size 10! Dude, i look like Crusty the clown in such a size...

And his prices are steeeeeep because he has some kind of monopol here. People come from all over germany (he told me even from london but i cant imagine that) to buy their stuff. One example for a price: The viridi anne blueish boots from SS08 cost about 600? at Komakino, here in cologne they are 1000?!!! Thats a plus of 400? on the retail price...argh.

that explains how he managed to run the store 13years throwing people out. His concept is working, only one customer after the other and people spending 5-10k?...but he is really entertaining when he is in the mood. He tries every piece he wants to sell you in front of you himself, letting his pants down walking in underwear and everything. I have never seen such identification with clothes before...he truly lives the shit...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Ah Kurt.....
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎