X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: dior sneakers

I think it's smart for someone to start with something versatile they can build on instead of getting something more specialized and expensive hardly to be worn.

My first and only piece so farhas been a sleeveless T, next will be the milk jacket if I can fucking find that pos. Then hello sneaks!

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Yesterday I was about to buy my usual pack of Gauloise but for some reason changed it at the last minute and got Gitanes instead, had something else remind me of Gainsbourg today and decided to get Repetto Zizis later, just went through ordering them. I guess my mind made me wander back to DH 2006 via the king of 60s and 70s French pop.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]

The whole DH looks is a bit easier to create as well. I never, I repeat, never see someone as would be described as 'goth ninja' here in LA but I see of ton of kids wearing slim jeans, t-shirts, and DH sneakers.

[/quote]

yep, i think its just easier period. i mean the DH brand as it grew more popular became essentially a brand based on 18 year old dudes in bands. a b(r)and if u will. hedi himself in his 'good bye' letter said DH probably wouldnt have happened if it werent for the models or some shit. they ran adds in GQ. and dressed bands like fanz ferdinand. and then we laugh at these kids when they sound silly for not mentioning the cut of a solitare suit like theyre supposed to give a shit??? you dont have to give a shit for the DH look to appeal to you, u have to give a shit about shitty indie bands, haircuts and like berlin. you can care about the design but its not integral....its just a lot more mainstream viable. its on the front page of every SPIN and has been for a while. I would argue The 'goth ninja' ( i hate that word too i mean Les used to rock blue jeans all the time for christ's sake) look lacks the same general appeal....i mean none of us are like fuck i want to look like seal i gotta cop me some ccp. there's no real point in liking most of the sz brands unless you are a little more serious about the design and thus less likely to say the kind of stupid shit that chinz is getting irked about. and r then less likely to see it on the street on a daily basis in LA. most of them dont even advertise in GQ, mano. karlo said it best in the A interview most these brands have to be explained for people to care about them. though i always liked what DH did in terms of branding...

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

well i guess my original point was chinorlz is basically doing what he accuses the 'current generation' of dior fans of doing and is basically just ignoring everything but the tshirts, jeans, shoes blah blah blah blah... a majority of the later seasons were still mainly knits and tailored/outerwear. but i mean whatever... if you're going to ask "why haven't people in general stuck with it that had purchased it even up through votc and s/s 05?" then i can ask why did you decide to get rid of everything which was prior to s/s 05 (basically everything)? people are into things for different reasons so it doesn't really matter i guess...

and i do understand why people are into luster and strip... the aesthetic of those 2 seasons while still in the spirit of what hedi had done prior are quite different (even if they remind me of ysl a/w 00). i'd say there are just as many shitty ass basics in those 2 as there are in the later seasons.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

But what season are those sneakers??????????
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• viridi
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"][quote user="Casius"]

The whole DH looks is a bit easier to create as well. I never, I repeat, never see someone as would be described as 'goth ninja' here in LA but I see of ton of kids wearing slim jeans, t-shirts, and DH sneakers.

[/quote]

yep, i think its just easier period. i mean the DH brand as it grew more popular became essentially a brand based on 18 year old dudes in bands. a b(r)and if u will. hedi himself in his 'good bye' letter said DH probably wouldnt have happened if it werent for the models or some shit. they ran adds in GQ. and dressed bands like fanz ferdinand. and then we laugh at these kids when they sound silly for not mentioning the cut of a solitare suit like theyre supposed to give a shit??? you dont have to give a shit for the DH look to appeal to you, u have to give a shit about shitty indie bands, haircuts and like berlin. you can care about the design but its not integral....its just a lot more mainstream viable. its on the front page of every SPIN and has been for a while. I would argue The 'goth ninja' ( i hate that word too i mean Les used to rock blue jeans all the time for christ's sake) look lacks the same general appeal....i mean none of us are like fuck i want to look like seal i gotta cop me some ccp. there's no real point in liking most of the sz brands unless you are a little more serious about the design and thus less likely to say the kind of stupid shit that chinz is getting irked about. and r then less likely to see it on the street on a daily basis in LA. most of them dont even advertise in GQ, mano. karlo said it best in the A interview most these brands have to be explained for people to care about them. though i always liked what DH did in terms of branding...

[/quote]not a little more serious but a lot more serious about the true design. i been seeing local fashion magazines editors writing pointless articles, prasing how geneouslydesigned those DH ADS clothes are.howerver andno kidding,i really willbet half of them know how to pronounce HEDI correctly. and i do meet some guys that know clothes knowledge well,histroies, fabrics, leathers, fading, washing, but none of them are mainly working on clothing industry. we see old ladies buying LV luxuries andkids buying DH look-like jeans, itswhat LVMH wants to happen and makes $$$. and this could be a big reason why Hedi left. anyways, SZ is now and potentially for few group of "true brothers" . no HYPEBEAST immigrants. lolz..

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                • Aug 2007

is the tricotineacatat dude or whatever from tfs still into the DH? that dude was pretty serious.

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

nah last i remembered i think he was starting to get disillusioned with the way DH was headed...

viridi what you wrote is on point. Chinese/Hong Kong fashion journalism is all garbage...wrong spellings everywhere, wrong season references, even their interpretation of a lot of collections by high profile labels like DH is all either wrong or 2 seasons behind. if you guys think American magazines are bad, the stuff that gets put out here is disgraceful.

voltaire you bring up some good points too. The DH look is very accessible...something along the lines of Les aesthetic, not so much. We think it looks good because we are familiar with that kind of style, but for the average onlooker they may think it's a costume. Not to mention with the latter period of Dior Homme, Hedi's photography and immersion into the music world, particularly his fascination with Pete, made the clothes all the more desirable to anyone who fantasized about a lifestyle of sex, drugs and rock and roll. In a way it's just like the people who line up at the Bape store every weekend, they are hoping to buy into an exclusive club held by the likes of Nigo, Pharrell, Kanye West and other such pop culture icons...they most likely will never reach that status, but at least by buying into the clothes it gives them the sense of security that they are in a way linked to that castle in the sky.

Comment

• iSuck
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]is the tricotineacatat dude or whatever from tfs still into the DH? that dude was pretty serious.
                    [/quote]

He andI were exchanging words over his thoughts on Jil Sander tailored clothing and if it was or was not in fact the "best" designer suiting.

I had to unsubscribe from the thread lest I be banned.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[/quote]

[/quote]

well said [Y]

BTW, I've started to like "goth ninja". I think we've lightheartedly embraced, so it's no longer a pejorative term. Shit, I am veering dangerously into Laika's Camp territory. H.E.L.P. [86]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="mass"]well i guess my original point was chinorlz is basically doing what he accuses the 'current generation' of dior fans of doing and is basically just ignoring everything but the tshirts, jeans, shoes blah blah blah blah... a majority of the later seasons were still mainly knits and tailored/outerwear. but i mean whatever... if you're going to ask "why haven't people in general stuck with it that had purchased it even up through votc and s/s 05?" then i can ask why did you decide to get rid of everything which was prior to s/s 05 (basically everything)? people are into things for different reasons so it doesn't really matter i guess...

and i do understand why people are into luster and strip... the aesthetic of those 2 seasons while still in the spirit of what hedi had done prior are quite different (even if they remind me of ysl a/w 00). i'd say there are just as many shitty ass basics in those 2 as there are in the later seasons.[/quote]

Really, mass? We must've been looking at two different collections. I don't remember seeing a single basic item from there to be honest - and I've probably seen about 85% of the collection, I would say. Even the dress shirt fabrics were amazing - I have this very gauzy cotton feather-light shirt. I don't consider the distressed/creased, coated (and in some cases ripped at the bottom) jeans basics either.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[/quote]

[/quote]

edited for misunderstanding :).

The rest of your argument I'd actually agree with. Bottom line point out of all of this is that going with the masses is boring, soulless and contributes nothing but death, famine and sorrow in this world. I don't care if the looks is "accessible." I know it's a sad reality that the general populous is a collective herd of unthinking sheep but it doesn't mean I can't show my dislike for that level of complacency. That's why we're all here right? Like-mindedness for not wanting to look like everyone else. Even Hedi knew it and made it known so in a tongue in cheek way by calling a collection "everybody looks the same" (a/w 05/06).

and Mass....
                          "well i guess my original point was chinorlz is basically doing what he accuses the 'current generation' of dior fans of doing and is basically just ignoring everything but the tshirts, jeans, shoes blah blah blah blah... a majority of the later seasons were still mainly knits and tailored/outerwear. but i mean whatever... if you're going to ask "why haven't people in general stuck with it that had purchased it even up through votc and s/s 05?" then i can ask why did you decide to get rid of everything which was prior to s/s 05 (basically everything)? people are into things for different reasons so it doesn't really matter i guess...and i do understand why people are into luster and strip... the aesthetic of those 2 seasons while still in the spirit of what hedi had done prior are quite different (even if they remind me of ysl a/w 00). i'd say there are just as many shitty ass basics in those 2 as there are in the later seasons."

I sold it all because money is finite and essentially that was an era past that is/was not evolving in any positive way. At the same time, the overall look and concept of DH from the beginning is a very young look and I moved on through brands that weren't so cemented in a target age group. If I had all the funds in the world, I would have kept everything I had of DH (and opened a museum with it) and continued to buy onwards, but that just isn't/wasn't feasible.

There WERE knits and outerwear in the last few collections as well but it was almost irrelevant because of how ghastly it was. Not to mention construction defects that DH sure as hell wasn't going to make amends for (reference the triple metal clasp/snap coat from FW06). SS07 took the andrygyny thing too far with cross-neck tank tops (paired with the regular tux jackets, suits etc. for the campaign)that made you look like a prepubertal girl... and poor suckerseven bought it instead of going to Forever 21 and wore it with pride via photos on MSN making me feel sickknowing that any rationalMAN would never wear thatand fw07 was essentially a retrospective (and anecdotally a lot of the pieces were not great at all construction/fabric choice-wise as well.)

In reference to possibly doing what the masses are doing and "reducing" DH to jeans, tees and kicks... I'm doing exactly what DH wants the general population to do and what they've wanted for the last 2 years. As DH moved more and more towards focus group that and disgusting hipsters would come up to me at bars/clubs in Boston and say how they liked what I was wearing, I lost interest. Fast. The last thing I'd ever want is some hipster asshole telling me that he approves of what I put on my body.

Don't get me wrong. I still have DH dresswear in my closet. It's good business clothes/work clothes. Pretty much everything else is gone though not only to distance myself for the fat acrylic bangle wearing boy but also because I'd rather just let DH die than live in the past.

I prefer to harp on things rather than "just let them do what they want." It may be trivial... probably is, but when they come over here then all bets are off (matt, good point btw pointing out the OP asking what season they are as if that would justify the purchase [Y]).

The MSN forum is quarantine.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
                            • Jan 2007

albert, i understand where you're coming from, it's all good and all, but i can't help but think you're taking all this a little too personally and seriously. When it comes to interpreting fashion into ones personal style, I don't think one should be dictated by what is going on with the rest of the world. If something suits you and you are comfortable in it, go for it...just because something has been adopted by a demographic you may have some disdain for, doesn't necessarily disqualify it's validity for those who appreciate and wear the clothes well. Moving on to more esoteric designers because as you mature you start relating to differet things would be fine, but to do it as a statement of exclusivity is not something i would agree with and I don't think it reflects true personal style...if anything it is another form of following the hype, but just a different kind. At the end of the day, wear what's you, regardless of what tag is sewn on it.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

;)

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

that gives me chills.

saw a bunch of unpublished prints of him recently. spoooookkkkkeeeeyyyyy

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎